Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

motionltd

The Future of Framework

motionltd

Guys, I've built quite a few sites using Framework. I love it, its just the right amount of code to make you get into the tech side and just the right amount of easy to use interface. I'm not getting on with DMS at all. I find it quite clunky and hard to use and I fear my clients, who I need to hand the site over to once finished will find it way too complicated. People are just about use to using CMSs, DMS is a stretch too far for the average computer user. They want to see forms, fields and upload buttons, nice and simple, just like the WP CMS.

I would love to continue using Framework, but my fear is, that one day it will stop being supported? and one day when WP has a large update, might all my Framework sites break? or will you continue to keep it updated at the least to work with the latest WP even if its not being developed further?

For the record I would pay a monthly fee as I do with DMS to keep Framework alive! 

Cheers

Ben

Ben

motionltd.com

greenfly

Hello Ben 

The Framework is still being supported & Framework will still be updated with Bug fixes.

All software has a lifecycle and we are very much still within the lifecycle of the PageLines Framework.  Our previous product PageLines Platform Pro was still supported two years after the Framework was released. Support was stopped only 6 months ago or so  for Platform Pro. 

The Framework is now available as an open source project on GitHub so it is likely if the community is passionate about keeping FW alive past it's support lifecycle  then this is how it will be done. 

With regards the DMS and client usability-  You have to ability to lock down the elements of the Visual Editor you may not want your clients changing. http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/lockdown-visual-editor

Anything else if still the same with regards your clients blogging capabilities, uploading content etc, 

Let us know here on the forum if there are any elements of the DMS we can clarify for you. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"