Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hjerterom333

How can I edit More Info in the default Columnizer?

hjerterom333    2
hjerterom333

Hello to everyone at PageLines DMS forum.

I've put Columnizer in my footer area and it looks great.
So I want to keep it going with the default Columnizer. 
What I need to know is how I could edit each column.

header (eg. Stay in touch! → Follow us! or something like that)
font sizes, colors

sample sentences in 'More info' column

Besides, is it possible to put links, social icons?
If yes, this would be of great help, right?
http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/creating-a-branding-area

Thanks in advance for your support.

I LOVE PageLines DMS :)

Sincerely,
Ayumu

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi Ayumu,

The Columnizer section comes with those widgets by default, you cant edit them. The only thing you can change is the description in More Info. However, Columnizer is a widgetized area, therefore, you can add whatever widgets you like to it.

Please search our forums, before posting!

hjerterom333    2
hjerterom333

Hi Danny.

Thank you for your quick reply.

I once tried Columnizer Cumfiguration -> Select widgetized area -> choose one of my sidebars.
It didn't look as cool as the default Columnizer! That's why i prefer to use the default one as the way it is.

I should have asked 'Is there a way to style THE DEFAULT COLUMNIZER by editing CSS?'.
Sorry about that.

To change More Info description, write something in Column Site Description and refresh?
I did that and it didn't show any difference.

Looking forward to your 2nd reply.
Thank you so much.

Ayumu

Danny    1,327
Danny

You can change the content of the default widgets via CSS, in order to do this you would need to edit the section.php file for columnizer.

I have just this moment added some text to the sites description area and the changes took effect, so not sure as to why your aren't.

http://d.pr/i/HOPp

Also what do you mean they do not look as good? The widgets will only look as good as the widgets you add.

Please search our forums, before posting!

hjerterom333    2
hjerterom333

Hello again, Danny,

Well, the footer with my sidebars doesn't appear just as stylish as the default Columnizer.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gdvp1u6ateoo66x/2013-10-18_234353.jpg

That's what I meant. It looks too simple. 
Terribly sorry for my poor English.

And Column Site Description changes took effect this time. Finally!
I'll go to section.php file for columnizer and see what I can do.

Thanks for your support.

James B    436
James B

Hi there, do you mean in the respect that the titles aren't showing in bold and in a larger font etc?

If so you can correct this with css, paste something like the following into your css/custom code box and save.

.widget .widget-title, .widget .widgettitle {
    font-size: 17.6px;
    margin-bottom: 0.5em;
    padding: 3px 8px 3px 0;
    text-align: left;
    font-weight: 600;
}

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

hjerterom333    2
hjerterom333

hi, James B

great!

that's one of the things I've been wanting to know.

Rob    547
Rob

Great :)

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

• Similar Content

• margie
      By margie
      Hi-

In my footer, I have a columnizer set up with a widgetizer in it.  The widgetized area contains one widget with two custom menus.  Everything works great except for the gray line under each menu item that spans the width of the set column (currently set at grid column for each widget-6).  The gray line also shows up under the images in my flipper box (under Flipper Meta, I have the code- -to remove the dates;  I also have a shortcode to remove the karma sitewide).  Is there someway to get rid of the gray lines?

Thanks so much and have a great day.
    • jinfinite8
      By jinfinite8+
      Hi,

Background
      I notice the default columnizer section uses featured image thumbnails for recent posts and the gravitar image for recent comments.

I like that effect and would like to use this default section using my own about content.

Question
      Is there a way to edit the default columnizer about content? Or, how would I customize my own columnizer section to use feature images for recent posts and gravitars for recent comments?

My install
      WordPress 3.9.1
      PageLines DMS 2.1.1 Pro
      Sidebar Manager Lite for my custom sidebars. 

Attachments
      Screenshot from my dev site showing default columnizer section and custom columnizer section using same widgets. 

Dev website
      The development website showing both columnizer sections can be viewed live at http://tropicscuba.lightningbasehosted.com/

Thanks

~ julian

• spacle2xl
      By spacle2xl
      Good day all,

I have added Columnizer to my footer and I have the default content by pagelines... On the 'Columnizer Configuration', I could see Select 'Widgetized Area' and the dropdown shows just the 'primary sidebar'. 

Now my question;

How can I create a new Widgetized Area being that the only widgetized area available is the 'primary sidebar'... I'll like to have an area called footer so I can drag in all the widgets i want in the footer into it.

Thanks for the quick response.
    • yasharozov
      By yasharozov
      Hello,
      I am having trouble with sections dissapearing. Specifically now with the columnizer. I places it in the footer and it is there but is not populated with any widgets even though I have specified it be populated with the "homepage sidebar". Debug is turned on. Please assist. thx.

http://eychut.org.il/wp/
    • williamweber
      By williamweber
      I'm wondering if it's possible to add more social icons to the default layout of the columnizer section. I like the default layout (which I've been unable to duplicate with the stacked tags and categories section) but it only shows Twitter and RSS in the "Stay in Touch" section.

I'd like to have links to G+ and LinkedIn there as well.