Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

erikyglesia

Reverting to default settings?

erikyglesia    0
erikyglesia

Hello! I'm very happy over Pagelines, and even the free version offers lots of posibilities!

But today, one problem:

The site reverts to the default settings of Pagelines automatically. Today it had did once. I fixed it and also made some design updates with custom css. The other moment the changes didn´t were there. But the site still shows up with my settings...

What´s happened?

My site is www.paginawebahora.com

Arnaldo

greenfly    230
greenfly

Hello Erikyglesia 

What plugins do you have active? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

erikyglesia    0
erikyglesia

Hi Martin!

Akismet

All in one SEO Pack

Duplicator

EWWW Image Optimizer

Facebook (by Facebook)

FS Contact Form

Google Analytics

Google sitemap plugin

Image Widget

Responsive Video Light

Stealth login page

Use Google Libraries

WP Super Cache

James B    436
James B

Hi there,

Firstly please try deactiving your cache plugin and clearing the cache before troubleshooting, otherwise you might not be seeing the live changes. Leave this deactivated until you get to the bottom of the template issue.

Try resetting the template and then testing to see if the reset happens again, if it does try disabling all third party plugins and repeating the process. Also activate your debug in the dms control panel > global options > advance and paste in the url for us to the debug info, we'll then be able to check your server settings to see if anything could be affecting the database or templates from saving for you.

If you're able to get the issue on a screenshot or videocast, please past the link so we can see it happen first hand, this will help the moderator try and determine the cause.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

erikyglesia    0
erikyglesia

Hello James

Thankyou for helping,  I'll try that.

Danny    1,327
Danny

One that tip, do not use cache plugins i.e. do not install or activate them until your sites design has finished. If they're activated, then you may not be seeing an accurate representation of your site.

Please search our forums, before posting!

erikyglesia    0
erikyglesia

Now it seems that all work fine. My changes are seen immediataly, with Super Cache desactivated. (Before I made changes and cleaned the cache all the time, but the changes showed up with a delay.)

Do you recommend me to activate the cache plugin now, as my design changes are finished?

erikyglesia    0
erikyglesia

Also activate your debug in the dms control panel > global options > advance and paste in the url for us to the debug info, we'll then be able to check your server settings to see if anything could be affecting the database or templates from saving for you.

Rare, I can't find this function, debug, anywhere. I've got Pagelines 1.4.5 , the latest free version. Or is there another?

Rob    547
Rob

If the latest free version you're using doesn't have the debug option, then you can debug via your wp-config file using FTP.

Do you have FTP access?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

erikyglesia    0
erikyglesia

Yes. Or also I can access my files with WebDisc and make some change?

Rob    547
Rob

Okay, then let's open the wp-config.php file in your root (where WP is located).

You will scroll down to the end of the file and see the following:

/**
 * For developers: WordPress debugging mode.
 * Change this to true to enable the display of notices during development.
 * It is strongly recommended that plugin and theme developers use WP_DEBUG
 * in their development environments.
 */
define('WP_DEBUG', false);

You'll want to change it from false to true.

erikyglesia    0
erikyglesia

Ok, I'll try that. But how do I see the results?

Rob    547
Rob

As soon as you log into the Dashboard as admin, if there are any errors, they should appear right at the top.   Copy the errors and paste them here.

Then, go back and change true back to false.

Rob    547
Rob

No problem.