Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nickdxin

Updated DMS and lost activation

nickdxin

Yesterday I was running my activated pro DMS 1.0.3 without the Pro plug-in. I noticed a prompt in the Dashboard to update to 1.0.3.1 which I did by clicking on the update link.

Going back to my site, the "Account" tab was replaced by a "Welcome" tab and a "set up pagelines account" button which doesn't work.

I was able to install the Pro plug-in but I've still can't re-activate my account or see a way of updating to 1.0.4.

Yesterday I thought it was because of the Pagelines server problems but as these seem to be sorted now I assume it's something else.

What else can I do?

(www.sandgateprimaryschool.co.uk)

Jake

Hi nickdxin - You've got the free version of DMS installed which is why you're unable to activate. What you want to do is log into pagelines.com/my-account and download the Pro version of DMS that you purchased. Replace that with the current one in your themes directory either via FTP or via the WordPress dashboard and once you've got it and the Pro Tools plugin activated, you'll be able to go in and enter your key.

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

scientistsofmedia

if you replace via ftp, will it erase the templates and custom css placed within the current free dms version?

nickdxin
Thanks. Although it seems I got the 'free' version by updating my pro version via the wordpress dashboard, I don't have an option to replace it the same way. So I suppose that means installing the latest version as a 'new' theme and activating it, or replacing it via FTP. Either was, as Scientistsofmedia asks, what happens to my templates? It's easy enough to save the custom CSS but this is a live site now.

Rob

All your templates are stored as code in the database.  So, when you replace DMS via FTP, none of your customizations are wiped out.  All you need to do is delete the old /dms folder and then replace it with a new one.  This will insure that you're using the latest version (get it from your account at http://www.pagelines.com/my-account) and unzip it locally.  Upload the unzipped dms folder in place of the old one and you'll be set!  Everything will work normally, with no loss of custom CSS, templates.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

nickdxin
Thanks Rob. That's as clear and unequivocal as I could hope for!
Nick

Rob

You're very welcome, as always!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur