Sign in to follow this  
gmcpagelines

Background Issue with PlatformPro - Fixed Width

gmcpagelines

I have read through the forum and tried the custom code option, the base.css option, and looking through firebug, and none of them are working for me. I have a client site due at the end of the week and I paid for a license for PlatformPro, and the simplest thing is going to prevent me from delivering. This is VERY FRUSTRATING!! Please help. My site is staged at www.fletcherrosen.com/TAstage I want to be able to change the following: - colors or background image of the side bars & footer - colors or background image of the page header & body sections Anyone have any other suggestions?

catrina

Hello, Changing the footer background color Rather than working in the base css, open the theme.css file and edit this code:

#footer {
			clear:both;
			font-size:1em;
			overflow:hidden;
			text-align: left;
			background: #000;
			color: #999;
			position: relative;
		}
Replace the
in
with the hex code of the color you desire. Changing the sidebar background color In the theme.css (same as above), look for this code:
			.widget-default{
					border: 1px solid #eee;
					padding: 10px;
					margin-bottom: .7em;
					margin-top: .3em;
				}
Again, replace the hex code for the background with the one you want. (To change the font color of the text within the widget, add
color: #YOURCOLORHERE;

) As for the page header section, are you referring to page titles that show up in the pages? Also, for the body sections, do you want the entire light grey color that's currently there to be changed?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

gmcpagelines

Catrina, Thanks for the tips, I found that section of code, but the edits only changed the color of text in two of the boxes. Not sure why that worked that way. And Yes, I am looking to change the light grey color to more of a tan so that the entire background of the page area would be tan. Andrew, Yes, I have seen that tutorial. I have tried the edits using firebug, but the edits didnt work in either the base.css or the custom code section of the settings page. I gotta say, this is a really great theme system for manipulating the physical layout, but I am stumped as to why there is so much difficulty to edit something as simple as the background colors. Do you compile a list of plugins that cause issues with this theme? Maybe one of my plugins is causing some issues? Also, I am doing this on the child theme. Should i just use the PRO theme instead? Anyone have any other suggestions? Geoff

Andrew

ok, are you using Firebug to help you get your rules? In 'fixed width' mode, sometimes it's necessary to prefix the rules with `.fixed_width` to get the correct level of specificity. Re: color options in Platform.. As you probably noticed Platform is chuck full of structural options.. these are the types of options we focused on in the theme. We left out the color pickers, etc... because they would easily lead to option and code 'bloat'... just FYI If Firebug is used correctly, this type of CSS change is quite easy. If you are still having issues... can you give me a mockup of what you want to change? There are no known plugin conflicts with Platform so far...

gmcpagelines

I found the "!important" workaround for adding custom CSS code. That seems to work now, PITA, but it works. My question now is, I have added a custom footer color, but I would like to change the color of the grey bars on either side of the fixed width page (i am assuming this is some sort of master page background, but cant find it in firebug). I would like to know how to change either the color, or how to use an image instead. Can you help? Thanks G

cmunns

next update will actually have background color picker. You'd have to do an image via css though. Something like `body.fixed_width {background:URL('yourimage.png') no-repeat top left;}` (the pro.css still may overwrite we are working on fix so you don't have to use !important )

gmcpagelines

Thanks Adam! That code was just what I was looking for.