Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

welcome

Unable to setup Pagelines Account to download DMS Pro Tools

welcome

I previously posted that I wasn't able to download DMS Pro Tools, or access the Setup Pagelines Account via Welcome tab.  The first problem has been fixed, but the second one continues.

I cannot access "Setup Pagelines Account" from the Welcome screen on my site. Every link works but that one. 

Thanks for your help

Danny

Hi,

The Setup account link should load the Account tab where you enter your email address and license key, which you can find from your account here - http://www.pagelines.com/my-account

Please search our forums, before posting!

welcome

I'm trying to load my email address and key, but the Account tab won't open. Nothing happens when I click on it. Every other tab on the page works.

On the Congratulations Welcome to DMS Tab there are two boxes:

Setup Pagelines Account Link - Does not work

Getting Started  -  Works

I believe you're saying click Setup Pagelines Account to enter email and key, but it won't let me.

Thanks

Jake

Hi welcome - I believe you may have the Lite version of DMS installed and that's the reason you can't access that area. Can you download the version of DMS that is available in my-account and replace the one you've got running? I believe once you do that and enable the pro tools as well you should be able to proceed.

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

welcome

Hi,

I do have the Lite version installed.  Do I remove it and ftp the new one?  is there another way?

Thanks for your help

Jake

Hi welcome - Yes, you'll want to remove it and install via FTP or from within WP Themes. Once you've got that up and running, you'll be able to activate.

welcome

Great that worked! Thanks

welcome

One last question.  How exactly do I activate the Pro Tools?  When I go to my account via the Welcome Tab I can download Pro Tools, but it downloads to my computer.  How do I get it onto my site?

Thanks

Jake

Excellent, glad we could help you get going.

The Pro Tools are activated just like a plugin. You could FTP it or just upload and activate via the WordPress plugin interface and at that point you should be good to go!

welcome

I know I'm overlooking something simple, but I cannot figure out how to activate the Pro Tool plugin.  

If I go to the Plugins Tab in the Store via my site I can click "View and Download: which takes me to my account.

I can add it to cart or download (to my computer).

Question is - How do I get it to my site and activate it?  It's not listed under plugins on the dashboard.

Thanks

Rob

Hi, once you have downloaded the zip file to your computer, make a note of where you saved it and the file name.

Now, login to your site as admin.  Go to Dashboard > Plugins > Add New.  There's a short menu near the top and one option is "Upload".  Click that.

Browse your computer to find the zip file and upload it.  This will install it.  At the end of the upload process, WordPress should give you the option to activate it, like any other plugin. 

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob

You're very welcome! :)

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur