Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gøglersvend

Can't add menubar to header

Gøglersvend

Hi guys,

Hope you can help me - I'm pretty new in Pagelines.

I've designed most of a site, but I now want to add another menu/navigation bar than the fixed one.

I have disabled the fixed one and am trying to drag the NavBar (and also the Y.A.M.S.) to the header, but something do not work.

Normally when you drag something from the 'add sections'-section to the page it shows what the section looks like on the page. When you hover the mouse over the added section you'll get to edit, clone, delete, change width and so on.

When I drag the menu-section to the header, nothing like that happens. It just shows the icon for the section in the header and will not allow me to save the page. The only thing that happens, when I hover the mouse, is that the arrow changes into the 'drag'-icon - four arrows connected at the end pointing in four different directions.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Problem-with-header.jpg

Danny

Hi,

Please disable all active plugins (except DMS Pro Tools) and remove all custom code i.e. CSS/LESS, scripts and hooks and see if this resolves your issue.

If it doesn't , can you provide a link to the site in question as well as enable PL Debug mode - DMS Toolbar > Global Options > Advanced.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Gøglersvend

Hi Danny,

Thank you very much for your help - it works now.

Have a nice day!

greenfly

Thank you for letting us know 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

• Similar Content

• julius
      By julius
      Hi,

I got a question regarding the columns:

I see that I can drag sections inside the columns.
      For example if I want to use the Highlight section,
      I can either drag a column in my template, and than drag the Highlight section inside that column.
      BUT I can also just drag the highlight section right inside the template without using a column.

Which one is the better way and why?