Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

redsoxFan2499

Heading/Footer global sections help

redsoxFan2499

Hello everyone. I am a newbie to DMS. I am trying to understand how the header and footer sections work dealing with the global and local section. For example. on my home page I want a normal typical footer. So I have created a HomePage template and in my footer section I drag/drop a 2 column. and place a textbox in each column. For each text box I click edit and there are 2 section options: global and local. So I click on local and add my content. Then publish the template.  Now when I open my landing page which used its own template it now shows the footer I created under my home page template.

Can someone please help me understand how I can create a different footer on different templates. So I have a Homepage template and a landing page template. I want a different footer for each template.

Thanks,

DL

James B

Hi there,

There's two settings for the Header/footer depending on the template. Global effecting all the pages unless set to a specific template, and local reserved for a specific template.

If you choose the local options when editing a template, simply save the template after you've set the local footer options ( update the current template setup or create a new template) and they'll be saved into that particular template.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B