Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hibbsy78

Site 'broken' when logged in...

hibbsy78

Using Chrome I have just logged in and my site appears all over the place(see screen shots). If I log out then everything appears ok!

Any idea what the issue is?

Screen Shots: http://d.pr/f/62e8

https://www.hibbslupustrust.org/

Thanks

James B

Hi all, if the site is only broken/showing html only when logged in then this is usually down to not having a page/post saved within wordpress. Wordpress has an example page and post when installed, DMS requires a page or a post to be saved so it can generate the css urls.

Make sure you have at least one page and one post published on the site and this should resolve the problem.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

hibbsy78

Hi all, if the site is only broken/showing html only when logged in then this is usually down to not having a page/post saved within wordpress. Wordpress has an example page and post when installed, DMS requires a page or a post to be saved so it can generate the css urls.

Make sure you have at least one page and one post published on the site and this should resolve the problem.

Thanks James!

Danny

hibbsy78

John, did this resolve your issue ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

MissT

I'm getting this as well today when logged in. I have lots of published pages and posts.  The site looks fine when I'm not logged in.

The site is local on my machine.

greenfly

Hello MissT 

Please can you start your own topic. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

MissT

No need, copied over a back up copy of my child theme's style.less replacing the one I'd been editing and all is back to normal.

hibbsy78

hibbsy78

John, did this resolve your issue ?

Issue resolved, must have had an unsaved post open in safari.

Thanks.

greenfly

Thank you for letting us know 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"