Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gbouck

Category Page - issues

gbouck

Hey guys.. have a fresh bag a problems I could use some help with!  I was working on redesigning my website.  I created the redesign on a subdomain of my main site.

The redesign site is: www.gabewad.missionstudio.org

The production site is: www.missionstudio.org

The redesign site is more or less finalized.  Everything is just the way I want it.  So I decided the easiest thing to do would be to just replicate all the customizations I was doing from the redesign to the production site.  The biggest snag I've found is trying to copy the archive page.  The Archive page in the navbar is just a link to the photo category page - so all posts tagged with the photo category will show up here.  But even when I copy all of the settings from the redesign to the production page, the production page is just jacked up.  It seems like the DMS customizations don't fully effect the page, as if they are being overwritten somewhere else.  All I want to show is the featured post image and the title + meta, but it shows the entire post.  The option that says, "Show full content of posts?" in the post/loop DMS editor isn't having any effect whatsoever on the site.

Is there any specific reason why that feature wouldn't be working?

*I just tried to export the archive/photo template from the redesign and import it to the production page, but it had no effect.

James B

Hi there, in the section options for the postloop are you editing the local or global options? If you could take a screenshot of the settings for the postloop on that page for us.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

gbouck

Thanks for the reply. I'm editing the Local options. All is laid out identical to the settings on the working site. I've disabled all plugins. I thought that it was possibly due to caching as I was looking further into it, but even after deleting the caching plugin altogether and re-checking settings, it still doesn't appear to work. I've noticed, however, that when I FireBug the category page, on the site that displays properly, it's referencing this for CSS "http://gabewad.missionstudio.org/wp-content/uploads/pagelines/compiled-css-1381976353.css", however, on the production site that's not displaying properly, it's referencing this for CSS "http://missionstudio.org/?pageless=1_1381979731". I'm not sure why or what the discrepancy is.

I feel like if I can figure out why they're referencing different CSS files, then I'll be closer to solving this odd issue. Any ideas??

Here's a screenshot of the settings on the production site where things are NOT displaying correctly:

http://missionstudio.s3.amazonaws.com/bad%20settings.png

Here's a screenshot on the temporary site that IS displaying correctly:

http://missionstudio.s3.amazonaws.com/good%20settings.png

Danny

Hi,

Your post displaying your full post will have nothing to do with CSS, are you sure all the settings and posts are exactly the same, as I am not able to recreate your issue.

I have created 20 posts, enabled magazine mode, set the option to hide excerpts and all that is displayed is the Post image, title and meta.

Therefore, can you check your settings, make sure both sites are identical, i.e. plugins, code, hooks and scripts etc...

Please search our forums, before posting!

gbouck

Hi Danny,

Everything is identical - which is why this is so frustrating.. here's a little update after working on it today.

I've removed the old site files/folders and copied everything from the working site, changed the config to point to the correct database, and I'm still having the same problem with the Archive page. This means it can't be plugin related. It's gotta be something in the database. Which leads me to believe it's something with pagelines not working properly.

Danny

What do you mean you copied everything from your working site, changed the config. Can you explain please, as I have tested numerous times and still not able to recreate your issue. Therefore, it may be related to this copying?

Are both sites located on the same server ? Can you enable PL Debug mode on both your sites please.

gbouck

The problem existed before I copied the files.  What I copied was the entire website and all of its files.  I copied all the gabewad files and replaced the original missionstudio files.  Then I changed the config to read to the correct html address and all that. After doing that, thinking I would surely overwrite the problem, the problem persists.

As for the PL debug mode - how do I enable that on my site? I'm happy to pm you the wp login if you want to get in and look at it to see what I mean.

Danny

My shift is about to end, therefore would it be possible for you to contact our helpdesk with your admin username and password so we can take a closer look.

In your email to use, please provide a link to this topic so our team have all knowledge of your issue.

You can email our helpdesk here - hello at pagelines dot com

gbouck

I think I may have found a way around it for now.  I would like it resolved the right way, but I'm able to hide the post content on that page using some css.