Sign in to follow this  
jim__hubbardhotmailcom

Another Almost right....

jim__hubbardhotmailcom

Ever write a long post that outlines the obvious shortcomings of a product only o realize that this is yet another exercise in futility? Ever get to the bottom of such a post and think "Why am I giving this to them? They won't appreciate it. It won't change anything. Most developers think they know what people need/want without even asking them. Besides, if I do it, I could be rewarded beyond my wildest dreams." Well, I just wrote such a post. Then, I copied it to notepad and replaced it with this. I am not an HTML, CSS, PHP, AJAX or Javascript expert. In fact, I am a beginner at all of these. But I am an expert at what people want and what makes them happy. So, off I go to become an expert in these areas - as I develop what I think people want...what I want. Suffice it to say, Pagelines makes excellent themes. Clean, professional and priced reasonably. But, Platform missed the mark entirely. Hopefully soon, I can hit closer to that mark. I will not hit it dead center the first release, but it will be close enough to get people to join in making it better. Good luck Pagelines! I'll be back soon to reveal what Platform should have been...what it could have been, if the end users were really understood.

hcheaumstudiocom
I am not an HTML, CSS, PHP, AJAX or Javascript expert. In fact, I am a beginner at all of these.
Me too. But I am really enjoying this new Platform theme. Sure there are a few things that I have to learn or wish that somethings were different - but I have always been impressed with the team's customer service to fixing any bugs or issues. My last experience with them lasted several days with about 20+ emails back and forth until they figured out my issue. That issue ended up not even being something wrong with their theme, but WP's upgrade to 3.0. No one is perfect - and creating a theme that is flexible and that can please the masses is super difficult. But I find that they are really open to feedback to make their themes better fit everyone's needs. Hopefully your feedback to them will inspire yet another great theme for us!

Andrew

Thanks Heather! Wish I knew what you were talking about Jim!?

jim__hubbardhotmailcom

Andrew: I am looking into getting some people more knowledgeable than myself in coding these matters to give me some quotes to write the solution that I have in mind. The more that I think about it, the more I am convinced that this will be THE wave of the future for Wordpress. It could even be ported to Drupal and Joomla and other CMS (even static) websites. In fact, this should be built into Wordpress and other CMS solutions. Why it hasn't been is a mystery to me. With my little small business networking business limping in this economy, I think my best bet is to go at this and try and make a second revenue stream for myself. It will not compete with Platform. It will complement it. It will also complement many other frameworks, if I get it right. (fingers crossed) Keep up the great theme development!