Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alex S

Social Networking Links

Alex S

Hey,

Does anyone know as to why, after putting the links to the corresponding social networking sites in the DMS global options, they don't appear? I can't figure out what's wrong with my site that's preventing them from appearing. 

Aires

If you add the columnizer to the footer you should see the them on the left hand site atleast that is where i noticed them after putting my social info into the global options.

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Alex S

That's not really what I'm looking for... I don't want to alter the columns and change the layout to add these. How can I just add them as floating Icons in the far right of my site? I don't want it to be a major aspect of the site. 

Jake

Hi Alex S - Your best bet would be to mimic the kind of functionality that Danny outlined by adding a text box above and to the right of the header (as that is where you said you'd like to see them). You don't need to alter the rest of the layout per se, but instead just add that section to the top. Your other option would be to use a hook but that would take a bit longer and more of a learning curve then the first method. http://docs.pagelines.com/advanced/hooks

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

Alex S

Okay so Jake"] and @[member="Danny, I've worked with that advice and implemented the icons, but they appear really small and without boxes like shown in the tutorial document you sent. How can I increase the size of these?

Danny

If you have not appearing as they do on the docs page, then you have not followed the instructions exactly. Can you provide a link to your site please where these icons are.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Jake

Hi Alex S - You'll need to add some styling to change the size and colors of the icons. If you go back to the document at http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/creating-a-branding-area you'll see the section which talks about how to add the styling. You can copy and paste the code from there and then tweak as you wish for colors, size. etc.

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com