Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kulmetehan

Any advise on FAQ's?

kulmetehan    13
kulmetehan

Hi guys,

So on my DMS website I want to have a faq. I tried some html and jquery scripts I found here and there but they either weren't really what I was looking for o they didn't seem to work correctly on my platform.

You guys have any tips on a good script or maybe software? Thanks!

By the way, I really like the faq at http://support.fotomoto.com/. They've used Desk.com to make it. I'm looking for something a bit more simple and self do-able if possible.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Danny    1,327
Danny
Hi,

You can recreate how desk.com create their docs/faqs, by using the grid, then adding links to each grid for your pages.

For example:

https://gist.github.com/Dannyholt/96e1571877907cb78df4
  • Like 1

Please search our forums, before posting!

kulmetehan    13
kulmetehan

Well.. Danny, you truly are a ninja. Thanks! This actually helps me out. I'm gonna start with it right away.

But it would be even better if the links/questions were clickable dropdowns. Do you by any chance know how I can make something like that?

I found this on the internet: http://jsfiddle.net/neopreneur/kdFHP/ 

But unfortunately I wasn't able to make it work. You think you can figure it out?

Danny    1,327
Danny

Javscript/jQuery aren't really my forte. However you could do a similar thing with the grid I posted above and then include the accordion shortcode ?

kulmetehan    13
kulmetehan

Danny thanks for the tip. That sounds pretty logic. Except I'm not exactly a pro in this stuff :(

Could you maybe tell me where exactly I need to paste what?

ellenmva    112
ellenmva

kulmetehan If you don't want to do all the coding yourself you can check out my section, Accordions, which I initially created for FAQs. You can group Accordions by topic and have a section for each topic. If you want it to work without having a colored background and look more like links I can help you with the CSS.

Just an idea.

Ellen

Ellen Moore

Pagelines Developer

www.elsue.com www.betterdms.com

Jake    74
Jake

Hi kulmetehan - 

Taking the first part of the code that Danny gave you, I tweaked it a bit to remove the bullets and add in the accordion code instead. Will this accomplish the look you're going for?

<div class="row">
  <div class="span6">
    <h3>Customer Service</h3>
[pl_accordion name="accordion"][pl_accordioncontent name="accordion" number="1" heading="Question One" open="no"]
This is the answer to the question
[/pl_accordioncontent]
[pl_accordion name="accordion"][pl_accordioncontent name="accordion" number="2" heading="Question Two" open="no"]
This is the answer to the second question
[/pl_accordioncontent]
[/pl_accordion]
  </div>

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

kulmetehan    13
kulmetehan

Danny"] @[member="ellenmva"] @[member="Jake

You guys really are amazing. Not only do you bring such a great product, you also deliver even greater service. Thank you.

Danny"]'s code and @[member="Jake's tweaks to it gave me exactly what I had in mind. 

ellenmva For now this actually helps me out perfectly. Cause I won't be having a very large faq in the beginning. But in the future, when my faq grows, i can definitely use something like this. Thanks for the tip!

• Like 2

Danny    1,327
Danny
No problem.