Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

outtareach

adding padding gives me white space

outtareach    3
outtareach

I want to add padding to top and bottom of the body tag but when I do the background image doesn't display and only white space.

how do I get the header to move down to show background at top and bottom.  any insight would be helpful

margin.png

Rob    547
Rob

Hi,

Is the site live? I'd need to see it to venture a safe guess about the CSS to fix it.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

outtareach    3
outtareach

yes its at www.inktopgraphics.com but I only get that when adding padding to the body element.  seem to not be able to put space there while having the background cover it. 

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

Padding is the space inside elements, so if you add padding its going to increase the area inside your element that is why it is moving down.

If you want to add space i.e. a gap between your header and the top of your screen, you will need to use margin and not padding.

Please search our forums, before posting!

outtareach    3
outtareach

yes sorry margin is what I meant, it still doesnt work  see image with margin on the top body.

topper.png

Jake    74
Jake

Hi outtareach - I believe this is because of the background color you've got set for the content area. How about manipulating the header a bit so it shows the background and then add the extra spacing like this?

header {background: url("http://www.inktopgraphics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/grey.jpg") repeat fixed 50% center rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); padding-top 20px;}

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

outtareach    3
outtareach

I understand and if I have a image then I add the padding to the image but the bottom I have a solid color in my footer and then adding margin to the bottom gives me the same thing with white instead of the background image.

bottom.png

• Similar Content

• mno
      By mno+
      Is there a way to mass apply a template to all tag archives?
      We are using Powerloop
    • photomom86
      By photomom86+
      I just purchased the DMS framework and the Sophistique child theme. I am needing help with setting the content or body font size... the content in a blog post only.

I have the global font size set to 18px and then I have this custom code in the custom css area

body{ font-size:22px !important;}

but this code also changes the font size of the Sophistique contact bar... which I do not want. Anyone know the code to only change the font size in the blog post content area only?

Or vice versa, I could set the global font to 22px and then use custom code for the contact bar font in custom css.

I've tried to use the chrome developer tools to figure this out to no avail. Thanks!

url is stagegecg.com

• jujutanada@gmail.com
      By jujutanada@gmail.com
      Hi, I found out that if I go to the archive of a tag e.g. http://mysite/?tag=lotd , it doesn't work. It doesn't show the correct posts tagged with lotd, --but it works for categories. It only works when I use WP Content. How do I display this using Postpins?
      And is it possible to create a different archive page for only a particular category?

• jujutanada@gmail.com
      By jujutanada@gmail.com
      Hi, I found out that if I go to the archive of a tag e.g. http://mysite/?tag=lotd , it doesn't work. It doesn't show the correct posts tagged with lotd, --but it works for categories. It only works when I use WP Content. How do I display this using Postpins?
      And is it possible to create a different archive page for only a particular category?

• foley
      By foley
      Hello

Im my recipes blog menucocina.com im using Pagelines Free Version.

I would like to show the category and tag description when I click in a category or in a tag. It would be something like this:

[attachment=2421:pregunta-categoria-descripcion.png]

I have read the documentation from wordpress http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/category_description but it seems that platform is a bit different from other themes.

Can you help me?

Thank you