Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

diretornak

How to translate meta info in author avatar mode?

diretornak

Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone knows how to translate the meta info in author avatar mode. I couldnt find it in the regular .po .mo files and my wordpress is already set to portuguese. Do I need to access a specific file?

Thanks in advance!

Rob

Hi diretornak,

When you go to any post, you can click the edit icon (small pencil) in DMS (when logged in).  In the post edit options, you'll see Meta Config.  You can change the language there, if it's just for one language.

If you want to change it to multiple languages, you'll need a plugin.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

diretornak

Thanks for the reply Rob, but I still dont see this language option you speak of. Is there some shortcode that changes the language?

I am posting a printscreen below to show what I am seeing. The red box is what I am trying to translate. Everything else is already translated.

p1vq.jpg

Rob

I'm very sorry.  I wasn't clear.  You can change the way the language appears, by adding your own words around the shortcode.  But the shortcode itself is pulling data from within WordPress.   You would add any text, in any language into the fields where you have [post_date].

The date would display in the language set for WordPress, and in the format set in Dashboard > Settings > General.

diretornak

Thanks again Rob! I tried using "Publicado [post_date] em [post_categories]" but it is till showing the text in english. I guess I will have to change the core files. =[

Rob

Well, the date and comments themselves come from WP.

Things like "Add a Comment" are located in core files, but may be in a section.  I'll investigate and report back shortly.

What specific wording isn't translatable?

diretornak
In the single post page, author avatar mode, i cant translate "published" and "in" :(

diretornak

I used that file but it doesnt translate this part i mentioned. I even tried searching for it in the source file but it is not there. =[

Thanks anyway man, i know you tried...

Rob

I am so sorry that I wasn't able to assist further.  The way our translations are applied has changed considerably.

• Similar Content

• Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a few weeks ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• tuciudadenred
      By tuciudadenred+
      Hi everyone, what happens is that the web page metrosalarmas.com has a google tags which I have not attacked where I can look to remove those tags and be able to locate the correct ones.
    • Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a week ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• JawDesigns
      By JawDesigns
      Hi everyone,
      Flywheel have reported errors on my clients site 'www.racewaredirect.co.uk' and it's not loading. Can someone please provide some information on how to fix this? The site has never experienced these issues before.
      Thanks,
      James Wilson
    • DonRicardoRVM
      By DonRicardoRVM+
      ¿Where can  I translate the english items "Orders", "Adress", "Payment Methods". "Edit Account" and "Sing Out"of the my account page of the plugin Quickshop? In the po file they are not.
      I think that it have relation with this error: "Your theme version of my-account.php template', '2.6', 'the latest version, which supports multiple account pages and navigation, from WC 2.6.0".

I use the Frame Work Pagelines´s Child theme for platform 5.