Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MissT

Restricting access to Custom Post Types

MissT+    4
MissT
Hi there,

I need to restrict access for a clients WP login to allow them to add and edit Collapser Posts but to prevent them access to all the standard PL post types such as Feature, Banner and so on.

The PL Site Options setting 'Minimum user level for Custom Post Types ( banners, features etc )' seems to switch on and off access to all PL custom post types including the Collapser which was purchased from the store.

I know there are plugins to control access and I've tried User Roles, Capability Manager Enhanced and Members but nothing seems to be able to separate the Collapser posts from the standard PL custom posts.

Am I missing something? Do I need to add define some new capabilities to be able to distinguish between these post types with one of the above plugins?

I'm using PL Version 2.4.4, WordPress 3.5.1., and have used the PL Customize plugin to customise the site.

Many thanks in advance for any help :)

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

We do not provide support for third party extensions. Therefore, I have moved your topic to the correct forum and the Collapser developer will be notified.

Please search our forums, before posting!

MissT+    4
MissT
Ok, thanks Danny :)

tmeister+    38
tmeister
Hi,

Collapser use the PageLinesPostType class for created the Custom Post Types this class is used in all the other sections.

I will need to setup a testing environment and test your plugins.

Please, can you paste the links to the plugins you are using?

Best,
Enrique

Enrique Chavez - Premium DMS Themes, Sections and Plugins.

http://enriquechavez.co

MissT+    4
MissT
I've decided to use another access control plugin (Admin Menu Editor) instead of the Capability Manager Enhanced plugin and that works perfectly and was much easier to set up. So no further action needed on this. Many thanks to Danny for suggesting Admin Menu Editor, it works like a dream. :)

tmeister+    38
tmeister

Ok, Thanks for the update.

Best,

Enrique.

Enrique Chavez - Premium DMS Themes, Sections and Plugins.

http://enriquechavez.co

• Similar Content

• MissT
      By MissT+
      Hi there, the Filter By option within the Masonic section isn't working when a custom post type and custom category is selected.  If you swap to normal posts and categories then it works but sadly not with custom post types and custom categories.
      All posts are shown but when you click on the categories all posts disappear even though posts do have these categories. When you click All all the posts come back. I've tried this on two different websites with the same result.
      Many thanks in advance.
    • Rebecca Rinas
      By Rebecca Rinas
      I want my separate tabs to stay open with the collapser flat plugin - they don't show up until you hover over them. Anyone know how to make all of them visible?Thanks
    • Cryptic
      By Cryptic
      Hi, I purchased your great product a while ago now. Really love it, but recently it has stopped working the way it was. I now have the text which are usually displayed on the inside of the box, now are being displayed on the outside. I have tried a reinstall of the plugin but nothing has changed. 

I will now try disabling other plugins.. too see if there is a conflict. Any suggestions for help on the issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

• bwdsl247
      By bwdsl247
      I am using 'Type' plug-in to create custom post types. 

However, when I go into Flipper (and some other DMS plug-ins) I don't see the custom post types I create in the Post Types drop-down; only Pages, Posts and Testimonials.

I assume Flipper supports custom post types, right?

If so, what settings should I look at to make it so all my custom post types appear in Flipper's drop-down selector for post types.

Thanks!