Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fixed Navbar and IE9 Issues

James Giroux

Hey Team.  Not sure if anyone has a fix for this but I'm testing a site out on Windows 7, IE9 and I'm getting an error.  The navbar will only display in mobile mode (despite being at 1280x1024 res) and the logo/menu button float on top of the page as you scroll down it (see screengrab http://screencast.com/t/3K9W1Nkd).  I'm using DMS 1.0.4 without a caching plugin on Flywheel.  Any thoughts or workarounds would be appreciated.

James.

James Giroux, CEO
Groundwork

grahamd79

Anything conflicting with the @media queries?

James Giroux

I don't think so.  it only happens on IE9, every other browser I've tested, it shows up the way it's supposed to (except 8 and below).  IE10/11 works fine, Chrome/FF/Safari all show up normally.  It's just IE9.

James Giroux, CEO
Groundwork

grahamd79

Looks like it may be to do with your brand image in the fixed nav bar - ie9 doesn't look like it's happy with resizing it from 1274 x 410 to 280 x 90.

James Giroux

I guess I didn't put in the optimized version, lol.  Okay, that's done and the issue is still there.  Only now with a smaller logo.  :-)  

It looks like the fixed navbar bg isn't coming along for the ride and clicking on the menu button isn't working either.  thanks for pointing out the logo size!  

James Giroux, CEO
Groundwork

Rob

James, do you have a caching plugin activated?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

James Giroux

Hey Rob,

I literally just turned on the section caching portion of Pro Tools but other than that, no caching is active on the site yet.

James.

James Giroux, CEO
Groundwork

Rob

Okay, so much for that idea :D

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur