Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kulmetehan

A "movie maker" like editor for Mac?

kulmetehan    13
kulmetehan

Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend a "windows movie maker" like video editor for mac?

I just need to do some editing 101 (simple stuff like cutting, pasting changing audio etc.).  iMovie doesn't seem to like me and software like AfterEffects is a bit too complex for me.  I remember it was super easy with Movie Maker back when I had a pc.

So please help :)

• Like 1

greenfly    230
greenfly

Hello Kulmetehan 

For a very basic, easy to use video editor you have iMovie, if you can make friends with it. 

I have also used Camtasia but it isn't 'free' like iMovie. http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.html You can use Camtasia to edit video as well as record your screen flow. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

kulmetehan    13
kulmetehan

Hi Martin Davies,

I'm gonna try to make friends with iMovie first. I guess i'll look up some tutorials and stuff. If that doesn't work, I'll try out Camtasia's trial. Thanks for the tip!

Rob    547
Rob

Let us know how it goes or if you need additional guidance.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

kulmetehan    13
kulmetehan

Thanks for the help and support guys. For now I'm on the right way with some tutorials I found on I movie. Guess I've been overestimating it all this time :)

Rob    547
Rob

Okay.  Best of luck with it.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

kulmetehan    13
kulmetehan

Hey georgesalarcon,

Yeah, I've managed to become friends with iMovie and it did exactly what I wanted it to do. As my demands weren't very specific, it was enough for me.

Thanks for all the help!