Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sheilahoff

LESS/CSS Fallback in Dashboard

sheilahoff

This is very odd. I'm assuming that when I view the LESS/CSS Fallback in Dashboard it should be a full and complete replica of the Custom CSS in the front-facing DMS. It appears to be that way on most of my DMS sites.

However, I'm noticing that on a couple of my dev sites, in the Fallback option, it doesn't display more than 101 lines of code! Another difference I'm noticing is on these sites that are showing the full CSS it is displayed in colors so it's easy to read. On the site that is only displaying 101 lines the code is all in black on white with no color.

Perhaps a plug-in conflict? I've just tried disabling and then removing the most likely culprit, Better File Editor to no avail. It's unnecessarily painful to disable ALL plugins in DMS as I've done it before and it requires a LOT of work to get everything back together.

I'm running DMS 1.0.4 on all sites

Has anyone else noticed this?

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle

Simon

If your using chrome open the inspection tools and click console, this is the javascript debugging screen. Now refresh the page and see if any javascript errors appear. It *might* give you a clue as to what is conflicting if this is the case.

sheilahoff

I'm more used to FF Inspect Elements but I only use it for CSS. I'm not a coder. But I followed your instructions and got this on the Blog page in the error console:

Doesn't seem like a missing image would be causing this. But I found where that link was and replaced the bad image but still see that error. I doubt it's related to my issue.

Then I thought I'd see what FF said.

Firebug's log limit has been reached. 421 entries not shown!

TypeError: Components.classes['mozilla.org/browser/global-history;2'] is undefined
TypeError: Components.classes['mozilla.org/browser/global-history;2'] is undefined

That's all MEANINGLESS to me! I sort of hate to waste you time with this. It's so inconsequential.

sheilahoff

Hmmm....I just realized you might've wanted me to look at errors while in DMS not on the blog page.  No matter. Here's what I just figured out. The two sites that do not show the CSS in color show only the 101 lines in the CSS box of the Dashboard....initially. In one case I think it eventually came up on its own (not positive) but on the other I put my cursor at line 102 and like magic, the rest of the CSS appeared! Something very odd but I fell better knowing it's all there.

Danny
Hi, Can you provide a screenshot of your issue, also take a screenshot of any js that appear in the console on Chromes web dev tools. Also, using Chromes web dev tools is far easier to use than FF, its just a matter of getting used to it. If you're struggling, I recommend the following free course which will most certainly make you a Chrome web dev tools ninja. https://www.codeschool.com/courses/discover-devtools

Please search our forums, before posting!