This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Problems with IE8 and IE9

6 posts in this topic

I have problems with a couple of my websites. At I get the following error message:

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3; MS-RTC LM 8; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; Tablet PC 2.0)

Timestamp: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 17:03:59 UTC

Message: Unable to get value of the property 'add': object is null or undefined

Line: 1

Char: 1352

Code: 0

Which appears to be a javascript problem.

Also, at, the site looks completely screwy (I've tried to attach a screen shot here, but the file is too large). I don't get an error message here. I have tried disabling all plugins to no avail. Similar issues occur in other sites as well, but not all of the time. It's all very strange. So far, it all looks fine in IE10, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.

I have tried finding similar threads in the forum before posting so as not to cause a stir, but I have not found anything.

4 people like this

Hi richardjacruz,

I wonder if you have the Debug option activated for your two websites?

Please go to Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Advanced and check the settings under PageLines debug

Make sure the IE Compatibility option is checked.

I did not have that checked. However, I did just fill the check box, and I went back to IE. It's still really broken in IE9. I also made sure to check the Debug mode. Any other ideas? I've tried turning off plugins, but to no avail.

Hmmm... I know that the site is on a Windows server, but I thought the other is on a Linux platform. Is there nothing that can be done?

Convert everything over to Linux, would be my suggestion.

• Similar Content

• Problems with Pagelines DMS website in ie9
      By triggerfish+
      Hi there,
      My client is a user/website tester and has just informed me that her website is not displaying properly in Internet explorer 9 (and 8).
      The website looks great and has been tested by me on all devices and on the desktop by all the latest browsers ... but not older versions.
      Is there anything known about this and DMS, or is there a fix?
      the website is here.. 
      Here is a pdf with screen shots and the problems in ie8 & ie9...
    • IE9 not behaving, IE8 badly
      By communicreations+
      I have an issue with a site not behaving in IE9 and performing badly in IE8. I've been playing around with a copy on a staging server and testing view with Browserstack. I replaced my child theme and activated WP 2013 theme, and IE8/9 worked fine. I then activated the DMS2 Base theme and the not loading properly issue returned. Then I deactivated all the plugins but the problem still persists.   With child theme active: IE8/9/10 -   With DMS2 Base theme active, all plugins deactivated: IE8/9/10 -   Temporary staging server URL:   DMS version: Debug is on, cache cleared   The problems with IE8 should be obvious. The CTA is disappearing in IE9 but otherwise is fine. Everything good in IE10 and up.
        Thanks in advance, Michael
    • Help Needed With Extra Padding in IE
      By atcdomainsolutions+
      Building a site for a client and I keep experiencing padding issues in IE.  
      When you view in Chrome, the header area looks fine as far as padding but when you view in IE, there is extra padding that is appearing at the bottom of the header area (below the logo, social icons and Contact button) and I can't figure out how to remove that.
      Anyone have this issue before and know what is causing it?
    • Display issues in Internet Explorer
      By bonnysteele
      Some users are reporting problems viewing my site in IE. See the attached image. I can't replicate because I'm a mac user. Any ideas? 
      I saw this other thread and wondered if this solution would work for me:
      My site is:
    • Flyp don´t work with internet explorer
      By ingo68
      my fly section don´t work with IE. but with chrome and firefox it works.
      my website