Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

outtareach

Feedwordpress page blank

outtareach    3
outtareach

I am trying to use feedwordpress to pull news to a postloop.  I have the loop on a page and the news is being pulled in but it is not displaying on the page, the page is blank.  Is there something special I should be doing to get the post to display?

Jake    74
Jake

Hi outtareach - I'm not familiar with the particular plugin and it's hard to say what may be causing your problem. Have you eliminated the possibility that it may be a plugin conflict with something else? Have you been able to get the plugin working on other sites and/or with a default WP theme, for instance?

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

outtareach    3
outtareach

no I see whats going on,  I have the post in categories and the loop doesnt know what to do it seems.  When I go to the categories of post and view them I get the post(albeit a broken css page).  When I add the categories to the menu they display but not sure how I would get all post onto on page and keep separate categories.  Is there a shortcode to display all post sitewide?  Also for some reason when you are logged in and visit the page the css is broke but logged out it is fine.  This happens systematically and not sure what causes this with wordpress.

Rob    547
Rob

Many apologies for this, but if you look at the link for FeedWordPress, you'll see 3 have reported it broken, and 0 have reported it working in WP 3.6.1.  The developers have replied to 1 out of 32 support issues in the past month.  That says to me, this is a horrible product that's just not working correctly and essentially not supported.   I'd never put any product like that on my website.

Read the sidebars... http://wordpress.org/plugins/feedwordpress/

This one's much better but not perfect: http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-rss-aggregator/

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

outtareach    3
outtareach

yeah thanks but it was just a test along with a few others.  I will be looking for another solution.  thanks.

Rob    547
Rob

You're very welcome.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

• Similar Content

• Houston Haynes
      By Houston Haynes+
      Hey folks - I'm trying to get right of some 'dead space' at the bottom of the page in the Material Theme. (see attached) Those two gray lines have an "Edit" button in between them when the browser has a login cookie for the site. Here I created a screenshot from a browser session that doesn't have context for my main login, so you can see that the "Edit" indicator is gone, but the bars and the space it occupies still remains. Can someone help me isolate this so I can make it *completely* disappear? Thanks.

• j powers
      By j powers+
      Looking to fond the best way to add in some javascript, the script is from Salesforce to add a chat button, ie Chat available / chat offline.  I need to add this to a specific page though.

Much apprciated 

• tristanrodgers
      By tristanrodgers+
      Hi there!
      Hi would like to have the thumbnail photos on the left side and not on the top of the topic to the blog post. Where can i fix that?
      http://mc1r-magazine.com/blog/
      Greetings from Hamburg,
      Tristan
    • cdagesse
      By cdagesse+
      So this has happened 2x and Godaddy is telling me its an issue with Pagelines not them.  
      Cant login and nothing seems to fix it, i have tried to disable theme and plugins but still causing issues

any ideas?
    • zetanet
      By zetanet+
      I would like to use 10 iboxes (always the same 10 iboxes) as left menu on 12 pages. In this way, all pages have the same left menu and they changes only for the page main content.
      I don't want to set all 10 iboxes in all 12 pages (cause i should repeat 12 times the same values).
      Is it possible to duplicate a page with all the boxes already set eleven times in order to keep iboxes images/links and change only the page main content?