Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kjerstib

Different look in IE 8

kjerstib

Hello

Can you please check the url

http://wordpress.bnmiljo.no

in IE 8 and compare to Firefox or google chrome.

The header with the log and the rss is white in IE 8 but should be dark grey. The RSS icon if positioned to the left in stead of right.

In the slide show the transparent background for the text is not showing at all in IE 8 and the image is enlarged.

Can you please advice me how to fix the issue?

Thank you

br

Kjersti

kjerstib

I forgot to mention that the search field and the icon inside the search field is also looking strange in IE 8. Do you know how to fix the issue?

Thank you for your reply

br

Kjersti

Rob

Hello kjerstib,

We try to make DMS compatible with IE8, but there are some things that IE8 doesn't work with that can cause difficult compatibility.

I have attached the Browser Specific CSS plugin, which you may use to create custom CSS using the info here: http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/browser-specific-css

[attachment=1629:browser-css.zip]

This will allow you to customize specifically for IE8, and enable some better effects.  I can't guaranty it will work with everything.  The search, for example, may use javascript or AJAX, that may not work correctly with IE8.

I hope this helps!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

kjerstib

Hello Rob

Thank you. It helped a bit. I manage to get the RSS icond floating right in IE by following the guidelines you linked to. This is how I fixed it:

body.ie .content .content-pad .icons {
      float: right;
}

But for the background color it is still white.

I tried several things. The follwing code worked but change the background color of all content-pad on the page.

body.ie .content .content-pad  {
      background: #333333;
      margin: 0px;
      padding: 10px;
}

Then I tried to match only the header and the branding. Didn't work at all
body.ie section.header .section.branding .content .content-pad {
      background: #333333;
      margin: 0px;
      padding: 10px;
}

I played around with different code using some webdeveloper tool for IE to locate the structure. I also viewed the code in html, but I am not able to find a solution.

Do you mind helping me a bit more? I really appreciate.

br

Kjersti

Danny

Hi,

Your issue is most likely related to your own custom CSS for the Branding section. Therefore, you will need to review your custom CSS. If you remove your custom CSS, the Branding section should display correctly in IE8.

Please search our forums, before posting!