Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lisa Haran

Does DMS support typekit

Lisa Haran

I was on earlier and Jake kindly replied providing me with a link to custom fonts.

the custom font isn't what I am looking for as typekit doesn't release the fonts it just gives you an embedded script linking to your online kit.

Is it a case that DMS doesn't support Typekit

Danny

Hi,

Yeah DMS supports Typekit, we simply removed the option that was in PageLines Framework, as it wasn't really needed.

When you use Typekit, you need to target specific elements in which your custom font will be associated to. Usually these, are:

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p, a

You're also given a javscript embed code, add this to:

PageLines DMS Toolbar > Custom Code > Custom script.

It takes several minutes to work, but after that your custom fonts from typekit should start working.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Lisa Haran

oh fantastic news that's perfect thanks

Danny

No problem.

quintinm

Danny, i am having trouble with this on DMS2.

Where do i post the code for that?

I tried to put it in the "DMS Header Scripts Fallback" area, but when i save it and then refresh that page, the code disappears...

Any ideas?

Danny

The instructions are the same, you add the Typekit script to DMS toolbar > Custom > Custom Scripts. The DMS Fallback area isn't there so you can add scripts or custom CSS, it is there so you can remove them if anything goes wrong.

quintinm

Hi Danny, so i add this code in there with the CSS?

<script type="text/javascript" src="//use.typekit.net/XXXXX.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">try{Typekit.load();}catch(e){}</script>

I was under the impression that i needed to add this code and google code to the pagelines > DMS Header Scripts Fallback field as i have done that previously.

Appreciate the advice as always.

Danny

No the fallback system is there only in-case you have added some CSS or scripts that have caused the DMS visual editor to fail. To add Typekit, you add there scripts to DMS Toolbar > Custom > Custom Scripts, you do not add that code to custom CSS, as it is not CSS.

The instructions I gave above, which is marked as solved i.e the post that has a green background, informs you where you correctly add the code provided by Typekit.