Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mistrmint

Carousel - Using Hooks: pagelines_carousel_list

mistrmint+    3
mistrmint

I am trying to use the Carousel with pagelines hooks.

I downloaded "Hooker" but there is no pagelines_carousel_list hook to choose in the Hook Editor Settings.

How can I get the Carousel to work without using the other options, NextGen, Flickr etc.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

What is it you're trying to do ?

Can you provide more information please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

mistrmint+    3
mistrmint

I need to link the images in the carousel that link to their related PAGES.

I wanted to add the images from the nextgen gallery to the carousel and then link them to the pages that the images relate to, but apparently the nextgen gallery doesn't work. (Am getting "The plugin for the selected carousel mode needs to be activated") The NextGen plugin is activated. (If I can get this section to work, that will also do.)

There is no option to use "Page Thumbnails (pages)" only for posts.

So I thought the next best thing would be to hook them using the "Hook: pagelines_carousel_list" as such:

1. [pl_carousel name="PageLinesCarousel"][pl_carouselimage first="yes" title="Slide 1" imageurl="" ]
  2. Here is the first slide and it's caption.
  3. [/pl_carouselimage]
  5. [pl_carouselimage title="Slide 2" imageurl=""]
  6. Here is the second slide, in all its glory.
  7. [/pl_carouselimage]

But there is no pagelines_carousel_list hook in the hook editor (Hooker).

Rob    547
Rob

Hi,

The old Framework's Carousel does not work well in DMS and NextGen has been having issues generally, with many 3rd party products.  I'd recommend you don't try to implement the Carousel in DMS.

There are many excellent options, such as http://www.pagelines.com/shop/sections/cool-carousel/

Many of the issues with NextGen can cause severe problems with your site and we'd like to prevent that if possible.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

mistrmint+    3
mistrmint

Sweet. Pity though. Here in South Africa the addons get expensive due to our poor exchange rate :(

• Similar Content

• oseehys
      By oseehys+
      The Grams section of Platform 5, is lacking lots of important features, that DMS multigram was having, there is no space for another user ID asie the default user, that was one of the strongest point of multigrams, because the Hashtag option cannot capture everyone, multiple User ID is the default standard for Instagram,  Also there is no carousel or slide on this one, it means now that if you want to display 18 pictures in one page all will be visible at once thats not good engineering.
      My appeal to the Pagelines Team, guys please let the next update have all the DMS Multigrams features that is missing on Platform 5 Grams, that will bring it to its glory...

• webmktco
      By webmktco+
      I'm getting the following errors when trying to add hooks:

Here's the debug info: http://www.stackdental.com/?pldebug=1
      Core, themes, and plugins are up to date.

• art23130
      By art23130+
      We had a very nice shortcodes library and hooker in the previous version of the platform. But in the version 5 they are missing. 
      So are you going to improve it again in future or no they are not supported anymore? 
      and one more question, what do you suggest for sharing bar which we had in DMS2 ?
      Thanks for your effort 
    • Dana
      By Dana+
      Hi DMS team,
      Please help out on how to add Post tags to the bottom of each post. Tried looking at the hooks tutorials but not sure what to do here.
      Thanks a lot.

• jvheintze
      By jvheintze+
      I just tried to figure out how to use Lax in combination with Post Thumbnails the following way: instead of showing the Featured Image on top of the content section I would like to have a Lax section above the content which loads for each post the featured image. To do so it seems there should be some kind of word press hook support necessary (not ready yet)? Or did I miss something?