Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JaffaDave

Turned on Pagelines Compat mode in DMS and destroyed my site

JaffaDave

I turned on the Pagelines compatibility mode under the global options now the DMS toolbar has ceased to work, how do un turn off the Pagelines compatibility mode now? cant see anything under admin and my site has been screwed.

JaffaDave

I seriously need an answer here, how do we turn off V@ compat mode so I can get my site back?

Danny

V2 compatibility mode shouldn't effect the DMS Toolbar, the v2 compatibility is there to assist users who are migrating from PageLines Framework.

Can you take a screenshot of the issue please, as I am unable to reproduce your error.

Also, can you try disabling all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue, as it may be conflict with a plugin.

Please search our forums, before posting!

JaffaDave

Hi Danny,

I couldn't fix it after disabling and deleting all the plugins, even deleted all but the default theme and reloaded them. I was desperate so I restored the entire site from a backup to get it back online for the client.

Is there anyway of turing off the V2 compatible mode once its turned on?

Danny

I'm happy to hear you have your site up and running again.

However, I can't recreate the issue so its difficult to diagnose, did you receive any error of any kind ?

JaffaDave

No errors what so ever, I'll setup the same site on my test server and have it crash for you, I'll send you a link to see if you can see why. I went through 22 pages in the options table from the database thinking there would be setting in there causing the issue but nope no luck. This all started because I can't get a 404 page to load correctly when the editor is enabled so i thought i'd be clever and dig in via the compatibility mode, boy was i wrong.

Rob

Just out of curiosity, if you return to Global Options > Advanced is either of the two V2 Compatibility options currently checked? (Don't check them, please.)

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

JaffaDave

I couldn't access the Global Options any longer hence why I was searching the database for the option. Once I setup a dummy test on my server i'll see what happens and post it here. In the restores site no options are ticked.

Danny

Was you able to recreate the issue ?