Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sethdrebitko

Huge issue /?tablink=page-setup error.

sethdrebitko

When I am trying to edit pages at my GoPlayNation.com site randomly the entire screen will go white leaving the domain http://goplaynation.com/?tablink=page-setup in the URL. Once I reload the page the entire contents of the page are gone. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it but the following additional problems randomly pop up during this error.

• Sometimes the templates clear out.
  • Sometimes if I turn off the editor some of the page elements that were in sections show up even though the sections are not there.

I'd love to get any thoughts on what could be causing this issue.

Danny

Hi,

I haven't encountered that issue before. Can you first of all, disable all active plugins (except DMS Pro Tools) and see if this resolves your issue. If the issue continues with all plugins disabled, can you disable all active third party sections and see if this resolves your issue.

If disabling plugins or third party sections doesn't resolve your issue, try removing all custom code i.e. scripts, CSS,LESS and see if the issue persists.

If it does, then enable both WP_Debug and PL debug modes please.

PL Debug Mode - DMS Toolbar > Global Options > Advanced

WP_DEBUG - http://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG

When the screen goes white again now, there may be an error, if you receive an error message, paste into your reply.

Please search our forums, before posting!

sethdrebitko

I am not entirely sure, but I think this issue might have been resolved. Shortly after posting this I lost all ability to visit any sites on my server. Apparently my ISP was routing requests to the server through a faulty router causing a time out issue. 

My thinking is maybe the session was letting me edit the layout but in the background the requests to the server were getting messed up. Then once I would do something requiring a page reset all the errors would display.

I have not yet (fingers crossed) run into the error again since the resolution of the issue with the ISP.

Would it be possible that this could somehow be the issue?

Jake

Hi sethdrebitko - I'm glad to hear that things may have resolved themselves. It's entirely possible the situation with your ISP was the culprit, especially since it's not something we've seen before. Keep us posted if anything changes.

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com