Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anlinares

Migrated Servers, Lost Compiled CSS

Rob

Did you have the host migrate from the previous host, or did you do it yourself?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

anlinares

Did it myself.  Used WP Migrate DB Pro first and it didn't look right, so I thought maybe it was something wrong with their migration.  So then I just took my site backup and loaded it on to the new server (everything stayed the same except database name, which I changed in wp-config.php).  But it's the same.

I just created a new database and loaded the database.  Then uploaded all the files.

Danny

Hi,

I haven't used that plugin before, so I can't say for certain, but its most likely an issue with your URLs. I recommend you read through the Wordpress Codex article regarding moving your website.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress

Can you also enable PL debug mode please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

anlinares

Yes, I moved the site like this.  Domain name and URLs did not change.  It is a multisite installation.  But because nothing other than the database name changed (which I was able to edit in wp-config.php), I was able to simply upload the database and site files.

I have enabled PL debug mode.   Thank you for your help.

Danny

OK, you have the following on your debug info.

PHP User : Posix functions are disabled on this host!

PHP Open basedir restriction : Yes!

We need these to be addressed, so we can rule them out as the cause, contact your web host provider and ask them to address the issues above. Once they have let us if this resolved your issue.

anlinares

One step closer!  That fixed my root site but not my subsites (Multisite).  I worked with the host to take care of these issues - Posix on the entire server and no open_basdir restrictions on the domain php settings or any of the subdomain php settings.  I have turned on debug for one of the subdomain sites.  Can you see what is causing the error there?  Or if it's the same thing I'll take that back to the host to see what the issue is.

http://alpharetta.spoiledrottenphotography.com

anlinares

Thank you for the email, James B!  For anyone with a similar problem, adding the following code to my wp-config.php file did it:

define( 'PL_NO_DYNAMIC_URL', true );

Danny
Awesome, happy to hear your issue has been resolved.

James B

You're welcome, glad it fixed. Have a good weekend :-)

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B