Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kinglou75

Template Problems

kinglou75

I am in the process of trying to take a rather large website and apple DMS templates to each page. Which I thought could be done globally in a snap but I guess not.

Now the issue is templates not loading once they are created. When I got to a fresh page I go to change it and it does nothing. I even flush the caches to make sure its not me. I EVEN go to the wordpess dashboard of that page to change the template there where it says" Pagelines Template" drop down. I pick the one I want and update the page and it reverts back to "select template". Something is definitely wrong.

Please advise.

Danny

Hi,

There is currently a bug where you can not apply the template using the drop down menu in the Page editor. If you want to apply a template to a specific page, you will need to do so, using the visual Editor when on the page itself.

For example, you're on your Awesome page, and want to apply the Awesome template, you will need to goto DMS Toolbar > Templates > Select Load Awesome Template, this will apply that template to this page.

Please search our forums, before posting!

kinglou75

Thank you for the response Danny. But that method does not work either.

Jake

Hi kinglou75 - Could you give us a little more detail about what's not working? I can confirm that I've just gone through the steps as Danny described and was able to apply templates to pages.

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

kinglou75

I have one of my templates saved ( I believe it saved ). Then I got to a fresh page, then I "load" the template. It asks me if I am sure I want to do this. I click yes.

Then the page refreshes and nothing changes.

Rob

Hi,

Just out of curiosity, do you have a cache plugin activated on your site?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

kinglou75

Yes! I do. WP-Super Cache. But I delete the cache everytime I update a page. Is there something else I am missing?

Rob

I haven't used that plugin in some time, but doesn't it have different cache levels?  Are you using CDN with it?

Rob

I'd suggest clearing the cache(s), and deactivating the plugin.

kinglou75

That worked templates are loading great now! Ill just turn it back on when Im done. Thanks again.

Danny

FYI, cache plugins shouldn't be active until your sites design has been finalised.

Please search our forums, before posting!