Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webmktco

Custom templates are not saving

webmktco

I'm running into this issue more often than not- when creating/updating custom page templates, they don't save.  

Is this a known issue?  If so, what's being done to resolve this and when can we expect this to be fixed?

Danny

HI,

I am not able to recreate this issue. Therefore, would it be possible for you to do the following please.

1. Provide a link to the site in question and enable PL debug mode - DMS Toolbar > Global Options > Advanced.

2. Install the free app Jing and record yourself creating a custom template, assigning it to a template please. The provide a link to the recording.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Danny

Hi,

Not sure what your issue is ?

On your video you firstly have a red indicator, this means you have saved/published your changes. Also, your video is confusing.

In your video you create a template called Home page, which has been created based on your design from your home page (the page you're on in the video). Then when you created that template, you then navigate to About us > child page, make a few adjustments to the offset and width of the Content Area and then update the Default template.

After that you then navigate back to your homepage and load the home template onto it again ?

So I am confused as to what your issue is.

As your video shows you updating a page with the template it is already using ?

webmktco

I'll make a new video today-  with me explaining the problems as they happen.

webmktco

Wait, wait, wait... I think I know what's going on.  When creating custom templates, the header and footer are not part of the template- right?  

batman

Hi webmkto

Yes right, the header and footer is for ALL templates.

;)

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

webmktco

Jeezus, I feel like Homer when he got his arm stuck in the drink machine at work and the firemen asked if him if he was still holding on to the cola.

:blink:

Danny

Jeezus, I feel like Homer when he got his arm stuck in the drink machine at work and the firemen asked if him if he was still holding on to the cola.

:blink:

HAHAHA