Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kajort

Mysterious <a>

kajort

hello.

i've got to instances of text becoming "links" where I haven't added. i've spent a good chunk of time looking for any open <a> tags i may have added, but can't find anything.

see examples.

if you have any ideas, i'd greatly appreciate.

thank you.

kim

Rob

Kim,

I'm happy to take a look, but I can't see the examples you suggested.  Can you provide screen shots and perhaps live links?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob

Hi Kim,

This must be some kind of plugin conflict.  I've not seen anyone else with this problem.

I'm therefore recommending you disable all your plugins.  If one of them is a cache plugin, clear the caches first via settings, then deactivate the cache plugin.

Those <a> tags are in the header, main content area and in the footer, and I can't imagine how they'd get there unless some plugin added them as a result of a conflict.  An <a> tag, on its own, makes no sense, and does nothing, really, so there's no point in us adding them.  Our developers are much smarter than to allow that to happen.

kajort

i deactivated all plugins, which did take care of the 'about' page, but not the text on home page. 

have deleted every plugin, emptied cache and still the home page remains and issue.

last ditch effort, i deleted the slider on home page...yikes, the text is still acting 'linky'!

i can try to delete the page and start over, however, i'd like to know where the wonkiness is...am i missing some error i've made or is this a bug?

thanks!

Rob

Hi Kim,

I don't think it's a bug.  If it were, you wouldn't be the only person reporting it, and with my luck, I'd see it on one of my 10 sites.  I'm not, which is unusual because if something's going to break, it would usually be on my sites.  In fact, our developers use them as a benchmark -- "If it works on Rob's sites, it's good to go!"

The only other thing I can think of is a broken a href link causing repetitive <a> tags.

Go to the DMS Toolbar, click Global Options and then Advanced.  Check the box for Debug.  See the Debug section here for more info: http://docs.pagelines.com/support-troubleshooting/diagnosing

When you get the debug report, paste it here.

kajort

thanks for your continuing help, Rob! i'm brand new to PL so i'm trying to figure out how to troubleshoot.

here's the debug info. after reading this, i'm wondering if this is child theme related? to be transparent, this is my first time creating a child theme...maybe something there? but why??? hmmm...

WordPress Version : 3.6.1 Multisite Enabled : No Current Role : Administrator Framework Path : /home/kthms/kajort.com/bcr/wp-content/themes/dms Framework URI : http://www.kajort.com/bcr/wp-content/themes/dms Framework Version : 1.0.4 Framework Build : 1.0.4 PHP Version : 5.3 Child theme : Yes
/home/kthms/kajort.com/bcr/wp-content/themes/brc_dms_child
http://www.kajort.com/bcr/wp-content/themes/brc_dms_child PHP memory : 90 Mysql version : 5.1.56-log PHP type : Cgi-fcgi PHP User : Kthms OS : Linux Licence OK : Kim@kajortdesigns.com

Rob

Kim,

Kindly create a new Admin level account at Dashboard > Users > Add New, and send the details to robert@pagelines.com.  I'll go in and see if I can find something.

Rob

Kim,

Only one things strikes me, on visiting the site in Admin mode:

1.  You have a custom-made child theme.  If you deactivate the child theme and activate DMS only, does this problem go away? I did not want to test it or change anything.

This is extremely weird, since there's nothing in your site to cause this, except the presence of a custom child theme.

kajort

well, who the heck knows what was wrong...i basically stripped everything off (including the textbox header that had an image w/ link to home page & the image grid plugin) until the text wasn't highlighted anymore and then reinstalled it all. works fine.

didn't do anything w/ child theme, still in place.

huh! anyway, just wanted to close out and thank you.

Danny