This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Video plugin only shows correctly when DMS editor is on

Hi there,

Urgent problem happening here, whenever I log off admin and DMS editor is off, the video plugin (containing in all the pages including home) looses its styling and reduces in size. Please see below difference between versions:

CORRECT LIVE view of YouTube Gallery Plugin with DMS editor on:

INCORRECT LIVE view with DMS editor off:

Disabled other plugins, tested in all browsers and I can assure you that it is definitely the DMS editor. 

Please help as I'm late to deliver this job.

Many thanks

This seems like it must involve the settings for the plugin.  Where did you get the plugin?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Hey Rob,

Thanks so much for replying. Kind-a desperate here.

The plugin is this one:

It's just really frustrating since when you are working on it you are logged on, therefore it should be the same when you log out!

How do I deplicate the "perfect" settings for when DMS editor is on for the plugin purposes?

I was able to install, activate and implement the plugin, with no problems at all. Below are the settings I used. If this doesn't work for you, then clearly you have a plugin conflict.   Through it all, I was able to see and use the DMS editor, and view the videos as displayed on my site in multiple browsers, logged in and logged out, exactly the same.

[attachment=1617:10-5-2013 2-13-03 PM.jpg]

[attachment=1616:10-5-2013 2-13-18 PM.jpg]

[attachment=1618:10-5-2013 2-13-34 PM.jpg]

[attachment=1619:10-5-2013 2-13-53 PM.jpg]

Logged out:

[attachment=1620:10-5-2013 2-20-41 PM.jpg]

Logged in:

[attachment=1621:10-5-2013 2-22-08 PM.jpg]

Let us know how this goes for you.

Thanks, Rob.

Intersting, I'm even more confused now becase I'm using the same setting as you suggested, even changed to the light colour in the plugin. Now when I log out and visit the homepage, it LOADS fine but as I visit other pages and go back to homepage, it happens again, player shrinks and looses thumbnails under it.  Then if I go back to the other pages, it happens the same with the videos on the sidebar, and on the video page on the body bar. 

See images below:

First time a given page with video is loaded after turning off DMS editor =correct!

Second time the same page containing video is loaded in the same session after turning off DMS editor= incorrect!

I've removed the maintenance plugin and placed the site live to try this and have duplicated this error in another computer of a random user (hubby), same happens there. I'll leave the site live so you can try for yourself. (can't do that for too long!) www.grupocamena.com

I need a fix for as it was approved this way, so not sure what to do to make this work.

Thanks again for your help!

The fact it works once, then on the second it fails, says this is very likely a server related issue.

I think I'll need to ask one of our developers to look into this.

Could you provide a debug report, by going to Global Options > Advanced > and enabling the debug and then generating the report?  Copy and paste it here, please.

Sure Rob,

Here's the report:

WordPress Version : 3.6.1 Multisite Enabled : No Current Role : Administrator Framework Path : /home/fancy856/public_html/grupocamena.com/wp-content/themes/dms Framework URI : http://www.grupocamena.com/wp-content/themes/dms Framework Version : 1.0.4 Framework Build : 1.0.4 PHP Version : 5.2 PHP Register Globals : Yes (bad) PHP memory : 256 Mysql version : 5.5.30-30.2 PHP type : Cgi-fcgi PHP User : Fancy856 OS : Linux Licence OK : Letykemp@gmail.com Plugins : 11

Where to from here?

HI, You're using PHP 5.2, I would recommend contacting your web host provider and ask them to update to the PHP 5.4 or PHP 5.5. Also ask them to disable Register Globals. Once done, see if this resolves your issue, if it doesn't speak to your host again show them the issue you're having and inform them that none of the PageLines support staff are able to recreate the issue. They may be using other things that may be causing the issue. Reply here and let us know what they said/suggested.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Hey Danny, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately at this stage there's no more time for me to troubleshoot this, I've disable this YouTube Channel plugin for the now.

However I'm having another DMS related problem. There's a footer error appearing on my maintenance page and breaking my footer on the live site pages. See below.

"Fatal error: Call to a member function process_foot() on a non-object in /home/fancy856/public_html/grupocamena.com/wp-content/themes/dms/editor/editor.init.php on line 170""

Maintenance page screenshot:

Live page (maintenance plugin disabled) screenshot which leaves an unintended white space after the footer:  

Thanks again,

Hi bugabyte - I haven't seen that error before but have to believe it has something to do with a plugin conflict (a conflict beyond the maintenance plugin). We have see some issues with JetPack and possibly MCE conflicts as well. Does disabling other plugins remove that white space at all? Also, do you have any custom code or scripts that you could remove to see if that does anything?

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

• Similar Content

• Toolshed
      By Toolshed+
      Hello - I'm a registered Pagelines user. I tried to load my website today (toolshed.biz) in the DMS editor and received a message that the page was having trouble loading. I rarely make changes to my website so this was unexpected. I followed your support suggestions and checked for javascript errors using Chrome - when trying to load the page, it showed the following
      jquery-migrate.min.js:2 JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
      pl.editor.js?ver=16e8ee:740 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'lang' of undefined
          at Object.reloadConfig (pl.editor.js?ver=16e8ee:740)
          at Object.startUp (pl.editor.js?ver=16e8ee:72)
          at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (pl.editor.js?ver=16e8ee:10)
          at i (jquery.js:2)
          at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js:2)
          at Function.ready (jquery.js:2)
          at HTMLDocument.K (jquery.js:2)
      303toolshed.biz/:1 Error in event handler for (unknown): TypeError: Cannot read property 'tab' of undefined
          at chrome-extension://kamiaabbnpncbobdiblhfogafnoefkae/contentscript.js:38:28
      I deactivated all my plug-ins prior to doing this except for:
      Pagelines Platform 5 v5.0.126
      Pagelines updater v. 1.2.9
      I'm not an expert coder or web developer, not really sure what this all means. Not sure what JQMIGRATE is (a plug-in? I don't see that in my plug-in list). Can you point me in the right direction?
      Dick Huey
    • dbrowne02
      By dbrowne02+
      Hi, the DMS editor is not loading on landing page. It is working on all other pages. How do I fix this? the website is selborneproperties.com I have logged in and logged out, have disabled plugins. Thanks,
    • jeomiland
      By jeomiland+
      Was on the phone with client yesterday reviewing the site and the server slowed way down. Did a couple updates that may not have taken. Now cannot get back into the DMS editor for http://cassclayton.com/dev/  I can see the site in chrome and firefox but the background image is no longer there. Can get into dashboard in chrome and firefox. Cannot get into DMS editor in chrome - get "Oops, There may be an issue loading." error no matter how many times I try.  My internet connection is not the fastest, but I can access other sites I've built in DMS - just not http://cassclayton.com/dev/
      My question is,
      1) is there a safe way to reinstall DMS that will not trash the work done on the site? 
      2) Is there a way to see if something in the database got corrupted and how to fix? Since I can't get into DMS editor, can't get to the Flush Cache page to try that.
      Just turned on
      define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    • CjrMotley
      By CjrMotley+
      My DMS editor isn't working on my landing page, all other pages can be edited using the DMS editor. 
      Is there a fix for this???
    • cimbartlett
      By cimbartlett
      I have been using the basic installation of DMS 2 for a month or so, and yesterday the DMS editor started displaying incorrectly.
      When I activate the editor, there is a gap on the left-hand side underneath the toolbar, so that the tools menu items appear shifted to the right, about half way across the screen, about level with the Pagelines.com "fern" logo button instead of under the close button. I can only see the tools if I use the Zoom in Chrome set at 75% or below.
      I bought the $99 package today, and reinstalled, but to no effect.
      I have Wordpress 4.2.2
      I had a number of other things not work properly on installation, including the demos (an item from Woocommerce fails to install, and there are a number of failures when installing the demo content using the wordpress installer).
      Hope you can help.