Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stinestrain

How do I install a plugin via FTP?

stinestrain

I have not been keeping up with the whole DMS controversy, I went to install woocommerce on my site today remembering that there was a plugin for pagelines, and an hour later my head is spinning. The store is gone and the posts say you can upload things via FTP. I know *how* to upload via FTP, but I am not sure exactly where to put it or if it needs to be "activated" etc. 

I downloaded the woocommerce for pagelines zip file. Someone please walk me through how exactly to install it now that I can no longer do it through the dashboard :(

Rob

Hi,

There's an even easier way, now that you have the zip file.

Go to Dashboard > Plugins > Add New.  You'll see a small menu near the top, and one of the links is "Upload".  It will provide you a means to browse for the zip file, and upload it.  This will install the plugin.  Once installed, you will see an option to activate it.

Alternatively, you can unzip the file, saving the folder within it to the desktop.  FTP into the site and navigate to wp-content/plugins and upload the folder on your desktop (the unzipped contents) to that plugins folder. 

Now browse to Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins, scroll down to the new plugin and click "Activate".

Let us know how it goes for you!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur