Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob Thomas

Instagrid reloads same pictures over and over

Rob Thomas+    7
Rob Thomas

I just purchased Instagrid and it reloads the same (however many you select) images over and over. So, say it takes the first 9 images of a tag, it will just load those same 9 images over and over again. 

Additionally, there is no option to load more images when you opt to show images based on a User. It only displays however many images you select for it. 

I am disappointed as there seems no way to simply load images from a user or hashtag and have it cycle through the images (as most Instagram/ Wordpress plugins function). Will this be something that is added or that can be added with code? 

ahansson89    57
ahansson89

It is impossible to load more pictures by user due to limitations of the Instagram API.

It shows the newest pictures in a tag. If there is no new pictures added within each load, then it will show the same pictures.

Rob Thomas+    7
Rob Thomas

thanks for the quick reply. 

I am experimenting with other Instagram plug-ins and since I installed Instagrid, there seems to be a conflict. I deactivated it (but did not delete it). Tried installing Instagram Picture and I can set everything up, but it returns the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare grid() (previously declared in /home/gestures/public_html/wp-content/themes/dms/includes/library.layouts.php:14) in/home/gestures/public_html/wp-content/plugins/instagram-picture/inc/grid.php on line 2898

any thoughts on this? thanks again for your help. 

Rob Thomas+    7
Rob Thomas
Thanks so much for your help!

• Similar Content

• w00ki3
      By w00ki3
      I purchased the plugin and love it so far.  My only questions are:

When I hover over the photos, the heart icon is missing and seems to be replaced by a comma
      How do I get it to have the "Load More" button once I reach the bottom of the current images?

Here are some photos to help with what I am talking about:

• ediblebajaarizona
      By ediblebajaarizona
      Is there a way to link an individual image with the Image Grid plugin (by Aleksander Hansson). ? It seems like I should have bought the Folio plugin, since that one does allow links. 

How would I go about a refund or exchange on plugins? 
      By Guest
      Hey Aleks.

I had instagrid working perfectly and when I went to the site today to check it out, it wasn't working.  I was using v1.3 so I updated to v1.4.  I tried it again and it still didn't work.  It keeps showing up with the 'configure instagrid' button even though access token is set.  The other thing I noticed was that the settings don't show up in global on the blog page, they only show up in local so I'm not sure if I can set it globally for every blog post.  

The site is currently running WP 3.7.1 on Flywheel servers with DMS v1.1.1.  The site is currently staged at http://youthsociety.flywheelsites.com/.  It should be loading images at the bottom of the page on the main page as well as at the bottom of each blog post.

Here's the error list from chrome inspect: http://cl.ly/image/3G3B1z1K2C2c

Any ideas why this might be happening?
    • gstrahle
      By gstrahle+
      I am having trouble with getting instagrid to activate and I get a returned T-String erorr..  My DMS and Wordpress have been updated as well as all my plugins updated, deactivated, and deleted..

• imagineutopia
      By imagineutopia
      hi. I purchased instagrid today for a pagelines 2.4.4 site I'm working on and I'm having an issue.

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right either. I hope this isn't just for DMS.

I see a folder called sections and I have installed that instagrid folder with the attached site root, into my pagelines-sections folder. 

when I do this though it blows the site up. goes to a white page. nothing works.

I don't know if this is the right way to do it or if this is the right file.

if not do you have a copy of instagrid for pagelines 2.4.4 I can get up and running with?

thanks,