Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aires

Content area issue

Aires+    258
Aires

Still learning my way around DMS and taking notes as I go. I manage to change the color of the content area with the following code:

.row .grid-row {
  background-color: #000000;

I didnt think it worked at first because it wasn't showing when I did CTRL+return but when I deactivated the pagelines editor the changes were there. So I went back in the editor and the changes were not visible at all. What do I need to include in order to see the changes when t he editor is active. I did this in the custom code area on the front end also if that info is needed.     

Thanks,     Aires

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Rob    547
Rob

Hi Aires,

When you make changes in the editor, and publish, if there's no refresh link in the toolbar, you can always just publish and refresh the browser manually, as you did. On a Windows machine, it's Shift+F5. 

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Aires+    258
Aires

I understand what you are saying but the thing I dont understand is why doesnt it show when editor is activated. Check out the screenshots to further understand.

http://i.imgur.com/Vzj3YrW.png     without editor

http://i.imgur.com/Mhs1eEd.png     with editor activated

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Rob    547
Rob

That is odd, unless the editor is picking up a setting that is overruled by CSS in the browser.  I suspect that's the case.

When you go to the DMS Toolbar > Global Options > Color & Style, what's the Content Base Color?

Aires+    258
Aires
I change the base color to black because I wanted the black background. If that's the problem how would I fix it. Is there another option that I am not noticing

ndTgvai.jpg

Rob    547
Rob

Well, you could make the base color white (#FFFFFF) and set some site-wide CSS for a black background.

body #site {background: #000000;}

Aires+    258
Aires
Ok I will try that and thanks for the help.

ndTgvai.jpg

Rob    547
Rob

You're very welcome.  Please let me know how it goes.

Aires+    258
Aires

Rob That line of code produced the same effect. 

ndTgvai.jpg

Aires+    258
Aires

Ok after some apple pie with a scoop  of vanilla ice cream I remembered seeing something about styling classes and tried the following in the column section

.my-white-area {

background-color: #ffffff;

}

and it worked locally still working on the getting it global time for some more pie.

Guess I would have to go back to all my templates and add the class to them and update them

ndTgvai.jpg

Rob    547
Rob

Speaking as a hefty guy, keep an eye on the calories.  It may help to save the template with that setup.

• Similar Content

• SaleekR
      By SaleekR
      Ok here here are the 4 things i want to do, that I am slightly confused about:
      Put a background on the content area of the entire site (every page), while in full width more Have a background color (not image) for the site itself that is different from the content area Have the content area background also apply to the footer and look seamless have a separate backgrounf for the header that IS full width. I've been trying and just not getting it to work. Any suggestions?

• liscom
      By liscom
      Hi there,

Can any of you help me out with the Layout Dimension Editor?

The problem is this. I wanted to change the width of the content area of my website ( http://www.liscom.nl ). So I went to 'site options' and then to 'layout editor'. But to my surprisze there was no modification possible. So I found the same problem on this forum ( http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/28551-layout-dimension-editor/ ), but none of these solutions works for me. When I deactivate my only plugin, nothing changes. The only things I use are Wordpress, Pagelines (theme) and Ubergrid (plugin). These are all up to date.

So because nothing has worked for me, I tried something else. Under 'Reset Layout To Default' I clicked on 'Reset Layout', hoping that this would restore the functionality. But no such luck. Now I can't even see the content of my website anymore. Only the nav-bar and footer are showing. I'm getting desperate overhere...

Thanks for your time,

Jeroen
    • wavel3ngth_pl_login
      By wavel3ngth_pl_login
      Hello,

We are new to PageLines and building our first site. We several content areas custom arranged on the home page. We are wondering if we are building this in the correct way/approach.

Site link: http://dev.mantec.org/?page_id=350

We are using Template 2 for the home page. In the Page Template area we have 2 active sections: Universal Sidebar (contains the LayerSlider) and Content

In the Content Area we have 1 active section: PostLoop from left column content

In the SB1 Area we have 1 active section: Primary Sidebar (News Feed)

In the SB2 Area we have 1 active section: Secondary Sidebar (Custom content)

In the Morefoot Area: Full Width Sidebar (Customized even feed from Event Espresso)

In the Footer Area: Footer Columns Sidebar (4 columns of content)

Did we do this right? IS there a better way to get ALL the content in the Content Area?

When we preview the page we see ALL content here:
      http://dev.mantec.org/?page_id=350

But when we set this page as the default home page: Settings> Reading>  Front Page: Home, most of the content disappears as seen here in JPG-No-2.jpg.

What do we need to change. Please help!!!

• ejazzy
      By ejazzy
      So far I am working with a Quickslider and one set of boxes.  I initially had them in the template area.  But they were showing up too big (wide), so I decided to put them in the content area and divide the space up with sidebars.

Well, The links don't to the Quickslider and boxes do not work within the content area.  

Am I missing a simple setting that will allow this to work?

I have already disable all 3rd party plugins to see if one was causing trouble.  Please HELP?!?!!

Alyse
    • Stephen
      By Stephen
      I'm using the iBlogPro5 child theme and Items that were dropped into the Page Template area and configured are displaying correctly - quick slider and boxes, but items dropped into the Content area, wrap or either of the sidebars are configurable but don't display in the page.  I've gone through everything I can think of and I'm stuck.  Thoughts?