Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

joshrules

Hero images

joshrules

Hello,

Is there a way to set the "alt", "title" and "caption" attributes for an image we put in the Hero section?

Since i've used the Hero section in my homepage, w3c and SEO tools are complaining about it...

Last question, when i reverse image with "reverse the hero unit", the image centers itselft on the left but move down below the text and is not centered anymore. (see the attached file)

It happens for every image in my home page.

Do someone else has this issue?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Julien.

James B

Hi there,

Once the image is added to the hero section ,you can add the alt, caption and description via the media library. The image gets added to the media library when inserted into the hero. Simply go to your wp admin, media library, click the image to edit and fill in the required fields :-)

The image reserve error seems to be a small bug, i'll report this. Remove the padding and the image will align.

Paste in the following css and save.

.pl-hero-reverse .pl-hero-image {
    margin-left: 0;
    margin-right: 0;
}

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

joshrules

Hi James,

Thanks for answering so quicly, great support!

I tried already the reverse unit trick and it worked. About images attributes i will do and report if i still have the issue. Give me an hour before closing this thread please.

One last question also... How to center verticaly images in the hero section, reverse or not, cause images are always centered at the top?

Thanks again.

Have a good day/night! ;-)

Rob

Try adding this line to what James gave you earlier:

vertical-align: middle;

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

joshrules

Hello Rob,

Thanks for answering!

Tried already that before and same, not working...

Julien.

Rob

Julien,

Please send me a link to the page where that appears and I'll see what I can find.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

joshrules

Dear Rob,

Here is the url : www.phuketmymac.com

On every hero sections, the same happens.

Please let me know if you need more informations.

Thanks.

Julien.

Danny
Hi, Not sure how you mean align them vertically, can you provide a concept image what it is you're trying to achieve please. If I understand you correctly, you wish to have the image appear like this - http://d.pr/i/Ye0j

Please search our forums, before posting!

joshrules

Hi Danny,

Exactly!

Thanks.

Julien.

Danny
Add the following code to your custom CSS:
@media only screen and (min-width : 1224px) {
.hero_image {
margin-top: 25%;
}
}
that should do the trick.

joshrules

Dear Danny,

I just have to say : Thank You!

Have a good day!

Julien.

Danny
No problem.

artelisys

Once the image is added to the hero section ,you can add the alt, caption and description via the media library. The image gets added to the media library when inserted into the hero. Simply go to your wp admin, media library, click the image to edit and fill in the required fields

I have added a Hero section, added an image and edited the alt and and caption via the media library

http://65.181.116.179/?p=1518

However, when going to the main page, the page source does have the alt attribute. http://65.181.116.179

Danny

artelisys - This has already been reported to our tracker and our developers are aware of the problem.

• Similar Content

• Loathing
      By Loathing
      If I use the following as part of a local html page with a reference to less.js v1.7.5 then it works fine: [ptiframe]109-oyxjwe[/ptiframe] However, adding the mixin (without the style tags obviously) to the custom CSS section breaks the CSS. Specifically, it DMS2 doesn't like "@rules();" I read on CSS tricks that PageLines is using its own forked version of LESS, so maybe that is the problem?
    • AntonBabich
      By AntonBabich
      I have the new DMS pagelines and Woo-Commerce for my clothing site. I installed and got every line filled in properly. I am having issues doing the "variable products" feature and the attributes. 

For example: I created a product (a shirt) and filled in all the proper info. I created attributes (small, medium, large, xl) and made the visable on products page and use for variations. I saved along the way as necessary. Went to variations, added variations, then did "any size variation with it being enabled and the price in there. All these are a must to get it to work. I followed the ever so simple instructions on woo-commerce video ~~~>http://docs.woothemes.com/document/product-variations/

But even though it looks like it works when viewing live, there is no "size" and variations/attributes! If I test the simple product, the "add to cart" button is there no problem. But this way there is nothing! Please help, I am so frustrated after trying everything!