Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SixNapoleons

Mysterious blog slider won't seem to go away...

SixNapoleons    0
SixNapoleons

Okay, I think I'm getting the hang of things, here, but something very strange is happening.

When I go to "/blog" there is a quickslider at the top no matter what I do. I have even gone so far as to "trash" the Blog page. So right now there isn't even a Blog page in my Pages section, but still, if you go to http://www.beyondthezebra.com/blog/ there is a quickslider there.

Any clue what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

-Aaron

Jake    74
Jake

Hi SixNapoleons - That is a slightly strange one but I'm sure we can get to the bottom of it. Do you have any blog posts currently written? If not, can you publish a test post, select your blog page as the default for posts to display in your WordPress Settings - Reading and see what happens at that point?

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

Jake    74
Jake

Hi SixNapoleons - Thanks for following up. I took a closer look at your site and believe you're in the wrong forum so let's make sure we get that squared away first. Can you take a look at your themes and let me know what it says for your Theme and version #?

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

greenfly    230
greenfly

Hello Sixnapoleons 

Can you create an admin account for you Wordpress Install and send the credentials to hello@pagelines.com and we will look intop this further for you. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly    230
greenfly

Hello Sixnapoleons 

Just got your email with working credentials and looking at this for you 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

James B    436
James B

Hi there,

The quickslider was in the 'content-area' of the blog page template in the drag and drop. I have removed this for you.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B