Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucieG

Custom CSS not working

LucieG

Hi,  I'm putting customised CSS into the Custom CSS box but nothing seems to be working?  I have the Pro addition.

Help!!

Lucie

Danny

Hi Lucie,

Can you provide a link to the site in question and also provide the code you're using please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

LucieG

Hi Sorry!

The Site is www.superfastsurrey.org.uk  

.navbar, .navbar-inner, .navbar-collapse {
  1. height70px;
  2. overflowvisible;
}

.navbar .navline {

float: left;

position: relative;

left: 0;

display: block;

margin: 13px 10px 0 0;

font-size: 1em;

}

Thanks

Lucie

Danny

I am unable to view your website, as it has a splash page. 

Can you tell me what it is you're trying to do please.

LucieG

I'm trying to increase the size of the Nav bar, and then increase the size of the font and vertically centre the menu text.

Thanks

LucieG

I think it's more that the box isn't accepting code....I don't get any line numbers when I click on it.

Danny

The code isn't correct thats why it isn't being accepted.

To increase your Navbars height, use the following:

#site .navbar {
height: 90px;
}

To center your navigation use the following code:

#site .navbar .navline { text-align: center; float: none; }
#site .navbar .navline > li { display: inline-block; float: none; }

Please be aware that we do not provide extensive custom CSS support. I recommend you start using Google Chromes web dev tools to inspect our site to find the correct class(es) and styling for you to override.

If you're not comfortable with using Chromes web dev tools, you could sign up for this free course, which is really good - https://www.codeschool.com/courses/discover-devtools

trizkit

I'm also having an issue with the Custom CSS box. In the past, it would randomly delete my custom code. So I made a practice of saving a text file of my latest version every time I updated it. 

However, today I removed the ".ibox .ibox-desc .ibox-link {display: none;}" code to try something out. Decided I liked it better, and cannot get it to save that line again. I've logged out, refreshed, cleared cache... I don't know what else to do.

James B

Hi there, make sure after pasting in your code you click somewhere else in the admin panel so you see the spinning 'saving' icon in the top right of the dms editor. When thats finished spinning, then click the tick icon to publish. You can also try pasting the css in the fallback area in the wp admin area > pagelines > css/LESS fallback if the editor isn't saving, see if that takes affect.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

trizkit

James B Thanks. It finally worked when I switched to another page and tried again... no idea why though. I'll definitely keep the fallback in mind for next time... or I'll throw my computer across the room. We'll see which one comes first.  :D

Danny

The information provided by James is a band aid to an issue some users experience. This has already been addressed and will be included in an upcoming patch.

HaydenB

I would appreciate some assistance with some CSS code that I was using in the previous template of my site that does not seem to work in this theme.

The code I was using which I have placed in the Site Options>Custom Code are is;

/* ***************** Bullet Points *********** */
body.custom .entry-content ul li {
    padding-bottom: 9px;
    padding-left: 40px;
    padding-top: 6px;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-position: 0px 5px;
    background-color: transparent;
   list-style: none outside none;
}

This changed my standard bullet points to the picture. Unfortunately this is no longer working.

I look forward to your reply,

Cheers,

H.

James B

Hi there, if you see the post already marked as 'best answered' always best to start a new thread as the moderating team might not always see you last post if the question has been answered previously etc. If you start a new thread it goes to the top of the unanswered queue so we can respond quicker.

It would depend where you've placed the list in the new site, the code above will only make those changes if it's in those classes, ie .entry-content etc. If you inspect the list and look at the element the list is in, you'll see the class for that particular section and can replace the class in the code above for it to take affect.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B