Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kajort

No Footer Widget Area

kajort

brand new to dms, just 1 day in...

i added the widgetizer section to my footer, and it "looks" like i should have an area to add widgets to, but alas, no, only primary sidebar, nothing for a footer area.

so, i read on forum that i needed to add the 'custom sidebars' plugin, which i did and voila - i was able to create and populate widgetized areas. phew!

alas...that plugin broke my editor. i have deactivated and editor is okay, but now...no footer area.

do i have to do this in my functions.php? i thought i was going to be able to avoid that kind of thing with dms?

James B

Hi there,

That plugin shouldn't effect the editor, do you have any other third party plugins installed that it could be conflicting with? Could be a cobination of custom sidebars with another plugin that causes the editor to get knocked out. Disabling another might leave the custom sidebars plugin to function ok with the editor.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B