Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pehja

Background image in template area will not disappear

pehja

I use to have lots of pictures in the templet area. I put them in and then remove them, just to check to see if the picture works or not. How ever. Many times the pictures will not disapaer after having it removed.

I have tried to empty cashe and disable all plug ins. The problem remains. I always have my sites locally on my computer so this has nothing to do with my live server. I use MAMP PRO.

Tried to make this as an issue on Git Hub but it was rejected becouse the problem could not be recreated. 

To resolve the issue I have to create a new page. This is really time consuming. Well since i am the only one with the problem this is probarbly not a nig issue. But for me it is. BIG TIME.

If any one have had this problem, please let me know, becouse I am getting really frustrated. 

I have provided a link to a video to the fact.

http://screencast.com/t/hBPQpRKhbFdZ

Professionell musician | Webbdesigner | Apple freak

Pehja Production.png

batman

Hi pehija

Same thing happened to me, until I delete the image from the library and it was still.

I did the following, I summon up patience, I upload the image again and then remove with the cross (for my English see the image)

http://screencast.com/t/8GoExmow7Y

Then I wait that the cross and image disappear and finally Publish.

And the magic done !

:)

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

pehja

Thanks batman, you always try to help. Many thanks for that. But this should not be necessary. Therefore this is  a bug and should be taken care of.

Yesterday I took away the templet. Created a new. So far so good. Inserted a new picture at" section option local". Then when I looked at the page the picture was in the "section templet global" And I did NOT put it there. Went back to local removed it. But the picture are still there. Not in the section templet backend (or what ever you call it now, since backend now is front end) but on the front end view.

In my world you should not have to do "tricks" to make it work. 

Pehja Production.png

Danny
Hi Peter, Another user has reported this too and I seen first hand via his website the issue. However, I am unable to recreate this on any of my test sites. That is why your issue on Github was closed, if we can't recreate the issue then in my opinion it's not a bug. Therefore, can you make sure that all custom code, scripts, plugins and even third party sections are disabled, then try again. If the issue, still persists, can you provide in list format the exact steps you have taken to reproduce this error. So I can see if I can recreate it.

Please search our forums, before posting!

pehja

Well thats just it I really don't know what i have been doing. As always I try to customize my sites. But in this case i have removed everything. The only thing i had in custom was this 

.my-grey-area {
    background-color: #e9e9e9;
    color: black;
}

.my-blue-area {
    background-color: #f4f4f6;
    color: black;
}

No much and the plugins I have removed. 

1. I have Base child theme (Tried removing that, no differens)

2. Inserted pictures in header area local

3. When refreshing site the picture was in header area global (but visible i local section area where you insert it)

4. Tried to remove from local area

5. Still remains i global area. That is on every page!

After that i have tried to remove templets, create new templets in order to have the pictures removed. Finally got that to work. Inserted a new picture in the same way as before. Now the pictures show up in even more areas. Not only the header area but also in templet area. (but only in one page) Not visible in the area where to insert and remove, but front page. I am really frustrated at this time since the site has to be up yesterday. I really don't need this!

The only thing I can do now is to start over with a fresh install and hope that this doesn't happen again. But it has on more than one site.

I am using MAMP PRO on a iMac 10.8.5 with Intel Core 7 and 12 GB Ram. And for the record I don't like Crome, so I hope there will be some way to work in another browser in the near future. Perhaps it is my crome install? I hav had lots of issues with it with cashe that doesn't release and so forth. Perhaps it is that? 

This could be usefull as well. When I got the pictures removed (when I deleted the areas and created new ones). Then inserted new pictures and all the same shit hapend again. I was trying to undo all the things with the undo button. That did not work either.

I will no trie to completely uninstall crome.

Pehja Production.png

pehja

It did not help removing crome.. How ever I have found out that this "thing" happens when you are uploading a picture from within the site.

If I insert a new picture and use local in the header It works as intended. So far..

Pehja Production.png

Danny
So you only get this issue when you use an image from the Media Library ?

pehja

It would seem so. At this time I do not dare to test again on this site. Since the site must be finished. But when i am done I will try it on new.

But so fare it seems so. Try it, and see if you can make it happen.

Pehja Production.png

Danny
OK, recreated, so definitely a bug, as far as I can tell. Thanks for helping me recreate the issue, I've reported on our tracker.

pehja

No problem. 

Pehja Production.png

Rob

Thanks Peter for your kind patience while Danny investigated and reported this issue.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

outtareach

im getting the same thing, I put an image in the top header and the background.  I only wanted it in the background so I went to delete it from the header but it still appears.   I removed it from the library and it was gone from both the header and background but when I uploaded again to put just back in the background it reappeared in the header also.

pehja
And by background you mean templet area?

Pehja Production.png

Rob

outtareach

Well, if the code for the image is still in the database, and you didn't save the site without the image, it's going to reappear, the moment the image is restored to the media library with the same filename.

Try hitting the X to remove the image, then Publish, after the image filename is removed.  Then, refresh after to see if it comes back.  And make sure any cache plugin is cleared (not deactivated, but cache cleared via settings).  Make sure too, that you do a hard refresh of your browser (on Windows machines, Shift + F5).

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

darmitage

For the record, I am having this problem, too. The fastest fix I've come up with is uploading a giant transparent canvas to my media library and using that to replace it since it will let me replace the image, but not just remove it for the default background.

Jake

Just wanted to let folks know the developers are aware and this issue should will be fixed in the next release. Many thanks for your patience.

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com