Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BentleyD

Change Font Weight Textbox

BentleyD+    2
BentleyD

Hey guys,

My textbox on WebsiteAlright.com says "Select Clients" I have tried every selector i can find to change it to {font-weight: 600;} but nothing is taking effect. Can you tell me what selector I am looking for. I even changed the selector on PL Editor to .textbox-clients with no luck. Thank you!

greenfly    230
greenfly

Do you have a link to your site? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Jake    74
Jake

Hi BentleyD - Are you referring to the text right above the scroller? If so, that's the Highlight section and it looks like you've already got it to the correct weight? To modify it you would use:

.section-highlight .highlight-head

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

BentleyD+    2
BentleyD

I switched because I couldn't figure out the selector for the textbox. I would still like to know the answer to that.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

You can't use 600, as its already been applied to the text, if you use a greater value such as 700, you will see the change in weight.

For example:

.section-highlight .highlight-head {

font-weight: 700;

}

Also, please be aware that we do not provide extensive CSS support, if you want to start using custom CSS. I recommend you use Google Chrome's web dev tools. If you're not comfortable with using this tool, you should check out the free course provided by Code School. Its really awesome and will have you a web dev tools ninja in no time.

https://www.codeschool.com/courses/discover-devtools

Please search our forums, before posting!

BentleyD+    2
BentleyD

I know how to code it. I am asking for help figuring out what the selector is for textbox.

Rob    547
Rob

In the edit panel for the TextArea, you'll see a field for Styling Classes.  In that field, as a test, I added the unique phrase joe2

and added some text in the Title field.

The CSS I used for this is:

.joe2 strong {
    font-weight: 700;
  font-size: 2.25em;
}

That changed the font-weight and -size for the title only.

Please install Firebug for Firefox, or use Chrome's Inspect Tool to identify the CSS.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

BentleyD+    2
BentleyD

I have chrome and firebug. The issue was I was putting a period in front of strong. Thank you. Problem solved.

Rob    547
Rob

Glad to hear it!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Danny    1,327
Danny

I know how to code it. I am asking for help figuring out what the selector is for textbox.

That is why I linked you to the Chromes web dev tools course, as this will help you find the correct classes much quicker.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• balfred1345
      By balfred1345
      Hi,
      I've got a client on a DMS ver. 1.1.9.1 site. Using WP 4.5.2.
      The site is clean from malware. And I've replicated the below problem with all plugins off except for DMS Pro Tools
      Here's the page: http://choralartsensemble.org/support/sponsors/
      When a textbox or column with textbox on the page are deleted, upon save and refresh one or more textboxes in the header and footer loses its content. This is a repeatable occurrence. 
      Can you please tell me how to fix this so it does not happen again? 
    • John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      I have a problem with the regular textbox in pl5, in this case, the text goes in that container, but it will hide som of the text, as if the container itself won't fit?
      Is this some kind of bug or have I done something stupid, never happend before with pl5 doh, can I do something smart about it?
      Version: Version 5.0.108
      Look here: www.gastronova.co56.se

• Kempston
      By Kempston+
      Good day
      How do I indent textbox content so that it's not flush against the side of the screen on mobile devices?
      When I view Kempston Truck Hire East London on my phone, the text is aligned against the side of the screen and doesn't look right.
      Many thanks
      Rob
    • Ellery
      By Ellery
      Hi
      I am using WPML v3.2.7 and pagelines 2.2.
      Can you please tell if I can use WPML to translate text in textbox?  or other components in pagelines?  Because I saw there are a number of topics regarding WPML.
      By the way, I read this blog post from pagelines:
      http://www.pagelines.com/translation-localization-center/
      but the PageLines Translation Center link is 404 (http://pagelines.com/translate/projects/pagelines-framework) 
      Thank you very much for your help.
    • triggerfish
      By triggerfish+
      I have a weird thing going on on my companies testimonials page.
      They are all exactly the same kind of textboxes, just duplicated down the page..then the text changed.
      The 2nd box to the right  (Lily Andersen), is dropped down and the title is centered instead of aligned to the left.
      The actual frame in DMS where the edit and sizing tools are is actually weirdly offset to the right.
      No matter what I do I cannot correct this...IF I duplicate the textbox to the left (Nicole- Memorial Society), it then does the same thing!
      http://triggerfish.website/client-testimonials/
      See attached images  
      Thx,
      Donald