Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mtaus

LazyLoad

mtaus

There are several posts about plugins, LazyLoad, but all of them pre-date DMS. And in the Developer Docs (http://docs.pagelines.com/advanced/optimize-load-time) there is a reference to the LazyLoad plugin, which is supposedly available for free in the Pagelines. However, I am unable to find it.

So, is there a preferred/official plugin for a lazy loading images? If so, is there any documentation?

Thanks in advance.

greenfly

Hello mtaus 

If you can send us an email to hello @ pagelines.com we will send you the Lazyload plugin. The Pre-DMS plugin still works with DMS. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

mtaus

martin thanks for the reply... if it still works, why isn't it in the Store? Surely you you guys aren't hoping to handle plugin distribution through email support. 

Jake

Hi mtaus - Thanks for bringing the error in the documents to our attention. I have submitted a ticket to ask that they be updated appropriately.

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

mtaus

I'm using Lazy Load on a site, which has a Flipper section across the top that displays 4 posts. The first (left hand) post image loads immediately. But the 3 to the right don't load until I start to scroll down. Is there a styling class I can use to prevent Lazy Load from delaying this Flipper section?

Here's the site: www.cinephiled.com

Thanks in advance.

James B

Hi there, lazy loader is using a jquery script so unfortunately css won't be able to affect that.

The only way I'd think you'd be able to do this would be with a filter that would pass the flipper section and just return the content but this would be an advanced fix.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

mtaus

James B, thanks.

I've deactivated Lazy Load for now, but I'd appreciate it if you could pass this bug on to the dev team.

Mike

mtaus

Thanks, Danny. I'll check it out.

Danny

No problem.

Please search our forums, before posting!