Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lisa Haran

first install of DMS in dashboard says it's lite edition when I have developer edition

Lisa Haran

so trying out your new DMS and first step of installation I'm stumped.

Download developer edition from my account and installed it.

However in the dashboard it is telling me I am using pagelines lite edition.

What do I do?

Lisa Haran

I have a license key but there is no where I can directly upgrade from the dashboard is there?

Jake

Hi brenb - I'm sorry to hear you're having issues right out the gate. Have you also downloaded and installed/activated the Pro Tools plugin?

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

greenfly

Hello brendan - please refrain from emailing and placing forum posts at the same time. I have previously replied to your email. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Lisa Haran

sorry martin understand.

Yes I had to install two more time before I could see the area to login  and add my key.

Wow after using pagelines framework this looks very daunting.

Thank you both for coming back to me so quickly

Lisa Haran

is this correct, in my template I only have 3

deafult,  feature and landing.

On this tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BracDuhEHls&feature=c4-overview&list=UUDPpih9ySUt-ZunDl31hsOw

there are far more listed

shelf, single post, blog template, new home page, demo template

Lisa Haran

just want to make sure there is nothing corrupt about this theme before investing time learning the new ropes

Jake

brenb - I'm glad to hear you're up and running at least as far as activating is concerned! DMS is a totally different product from Framework, not an "update" per se so there is a bit of a learning curve in the beginning. Take a look at the docs http://docs.pagelines.com/ to help you get a feel for the navigation and key features and don't hesitate to search through these forums or reach out here for help along the way. With a little bit of effort, I truly believe you'll find that DMS is the best way to design hands down!

Lisa Haran

yeah looking at those docs now. Can you confirm that there should be only 3 templates, as I'm wondering why there is no blog, single post templates.

Jake

My apologies brenb, I missed that question of yours. I can confirm your install is correct with the 3 templates. I apologize if the video was a bit misleading as it was made with an install that already had a couple of other templates built in manually.

Lisa Haran

thanks for clarifying Jake

Danny

Thanks for informing us that your question has been resolved.

Please search our forums, before posting!