Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pd4bh35em

Global and Local Options

pd4bh35em

I am learning the pagelines visual editor step by step.  I have 2 pages that is published and ready for pagelines editing features.  Each page will have a different layout with different sections, that means if I have sections in page 1, I don't want a duplicate of page 1 on page 2.  I want page 2 to be another custom designed page with different pageline sections.  So, how do i have the sections placed on page 1 to ONLY appear on page 1 and not display on page 2, because that would mean a GLOBALIZATION OPTIONS took place.  thanks for your help, and btw, pagelines seems to be awesome to me, cause i don't have to code anything, troubleshoot to make sure the plugins don't conflict.  Anyway, thanking in advance for your answer.

Danny

Hi,

To have two different layouts on two different pages, you will want to create a template for each page.

So first, go to you Page 1 and then design your layout, configure your sections. Once completed, go to the DMS Toolbar > Templates and create a new template based on your layout, call it something that unique that is associated to your page, i.e. if your Page 1 is your homepage, call the template home or homepage, then click Save.

You now have a template based on this layout. You will then want to go to your Page 2 page, design the layout, configure your sections etc.. and then do the same, create a template based on your layout, name the template something that associates to your page 2 page and click save.

You should now have Page 1 with a different layout to page 2.

Also, please remember that the Header, Footer are global template areas, this means that whatever sections you add to these template areas will be universal across your site.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Rob

Let us know how it goes!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur