Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kulmetehan

Site gone

Recommended Posts

kulmetehan

Okay guys, I've messed up big time.

 

I changed the web address for my website in the WordPress backoffice settings section from:

 

highpowereurope.net to highpowereurope.com

 

After this I wasn't able to visit the website nor the admin section anymore, so I panicked. I deleted all files on the ftp server and replaced them with a backup of the exact same files, which I made yesterday. 

 

I thought that would solve my problem. Unfortunately it didn't. The result is visible on: www.highpowereurope.net

 

Can anyone please help me out and offer me a solution on how I can fix this? Cause i'm beginning to think I have to start from scratch. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamieg270

OK whats happened is you've changed the URLs for those entries in the database, so now the database is directing your install to load files from the wrong URL. Don't worry it is recoverable but you are probably going to come out of your comfort zone somewhat to fix it, as you will need to edit the database directly. As far as I am aware there is no way to do this from your Wordpress files...

 

Do you have a control panel associated with your hosting package? If so do you have a panel for managing your MySQL databases?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kulmetehan

Hi jamieg270"] & @[member="Danny,

 

You guys saved me from a giant heart attack. Thank you so much. Especially by following the steps in the link Danny provided, through the database editor Jamie was asking for... It worked as a charm. And to think, changing those two records was all I needed to do.

 

Thanks guys, thank you very much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danny

No problem.


Please search our forums, before posting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kulmetehan

Eehm guys, Danny,

 

I just got this notification when logging in to the control panel: http://cl.ly/image/1b1w3X40161v

 

Any chance you know what it means?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kulmetehan

Okay so it was because a plug-in got uninstalled somehow. Anyway I reinstalled the plug-in and all is good now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danny

Cool, happy to hear your issue has been resolved.


Please search our forums, before posting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamieg270

Great, glad to hear you fixed it.

 

I know that heart stopping feeling when something goes wrong like that!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rob

Just to play it safe, I'd recommend going to Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks and without changing anything (very important), just save the settings.  This will update any of the dynamic links in the site to reflect the correct URLs.  It could save you any future troubles.


Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kulmetehan

Rob

 

Did that just now. Thanks for the tip!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×