Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dherries

Inserting HTML

Jake

Hi dherries - I think there is something missing from the code somewhere along the way. Could be as simple as a < or a <div> that isn't closed that will cause the code to simply show as text as opposed to actually executing. Give it a good look, possible paste the code your using in here and we can take a look and try to discern that cause?

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

Jake

On second thought, dherries, could you paste your code into paste.pagelines.com and give us the link here instead?

Jake

Got it dherries - so there are definitely a bunch of errors in there and it looks like some of that extra code may have come for Microsoft Word. If you bring up the site in Firefox and then view the source, you'll see the errors highlighted in red. Double check the code if it came from a 3rd party provider. And check out http://www.w3schools.com/ as the go-to reference for HTML and CSS.

JaffaDave

Would it not be easier to add this to a textbox rather than a MediaBox

Danny

Hi,

Is the code you linked the code you added to the MediaBox ?

If so, why are you including <html> <head> <body> tags ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

dherries

This has been an interesting ordeal. I am using SeaMonkey as my HTML Editor. I have tried to make the form work with the DMS Media Box and TextBox with no success. I also tried to insert it into the page post. However, I did get it to work with the WordPress Widget using a text box. Based on my experience the DSM tools sill have some work needed.  See it at http://moveindenver.com/value/

Danny

Hi,

Why did you just use a Form plugin such as Gravity Forms or Ninja forms ?

You could have then added the forms shortcode to a Text or MediaBox and created the same layout using columns, that would have been easier in my opinion, rather than pasting all that HTML.

Also for a Code editor, I recommend SubLime Text 2.

Please search our forums, before posting!

dherries

The form is specific to the application that I am using. I really appreciate the recommendation for SubLime Text 2. I will try it. I guess my concern is that the HTML would not work in DMS MediaBox or DMS TextBox.

James B

Hi there, have you managed to resolve this now using the text box, I've checked your link and the form seems to be displaying correctly - http://screencast.com/t/7lGF2UlgY

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B