Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ppotent

Fixed navbar stuck - changes not working

ppotent    5
ppotent

Okay, so I've re-enabled the fixed nav for anyone to look at. If I create a new page, it automatically gets the orange fixed nav. I've deleted the homeorange template and a few others - no change.

Does anyone know why it is that this stuck nav only applies to static pages. The tag, category, post and 404 pages all update with any changes I make to the fixed nav.

greenfly    230
greenfly

ppotent - still investigating this for you. 

batman - are you have the same problem then? if you can send us a logon for you site to the support email (hello @ pagelines.com) with a link to this topic i will investigate this too and update here.  

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

batman    389
batman

Martin Davies

Thanks Martin, I send you the admin user.

You can do all as you want (inclusive delete all)

:)

I have a copy (mac-fotografia)

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

greenfly    230
greenfly

Thanks Batman - i will not delete anything. :) 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

ppotent    5
ppotent

Thanks @Martin Davies

I've deleted my custom css and still nothing changed. My debug information is now working - not sure why it wasn't before, but now it is. I've pasted it below:

WordPress Version : 3.6.1

Multisite Enabled : No

Current Role : Administrator

Framework Path : /home/performa/public_html/wp-content/themes/dms

Framework Version : 1.0.4

Framework Build : 1.0.4

PHP Version : 5.2

PHP Register Globals : Yes (bad)

PHP memory : 256

Mysql version : 5.5.23-55

PHP type : Cgi-fcgi

PHP User : Performa

Licence OK : Info@performancepotential.com.au

Plugins : 5
classy/classy.php
custom-sidebars/customsidebars.php
dms-plugin-pro/dms-plugin-pro.php
jetpack/jetpack.php
wufoo-shortcode/wufoo.php

ppotent    5
ppotent

WTF?? I just put a media box into the header for my logo in order re-create the whole fixednavbar thing and it's killed my home page. The mediabox image will not resize, even though I'm uploading smaller images.

Further down the page, my media box, iboxes, etc are empty - all the content is gone!

Starting to get a little frustrated now

Danny    1,327
Danny
HI, From your Debug info, you have Register Globals on. Therefore, I recommend you contact your web host provider and ask them to resolve this issue, as this could well be the cause of the issue. Once that has been resolved, reply here and let us know if enabling the Fixed Navbar issue has been resolved.

Please search our forums, before posting!

ppotent    5
ppotent

Register Globals has been turned off. Still have the same problem with the fixed nav bar. Works on tag/category/post/404 - any change I make works and can be seen on these pages. The static pages are all stuck with the same orange fixed nav. 

Danny    1,327
Danny

I will need to speak to one of our developers regarding this issue, as I am unable to recreate it. I have just setup a new test site, setup static pages and when I change the options of the Fixed Nav, they're universal.

Also, just noticed when you visit your Framework URL from your debug info, its pointing to a index.php file.

http://performancepotential.com.au/wp-content/themes/dms/

Have you made any changes to any of the core files ?

Also, in my opinion, I think your error is most likely related to your server configuration and the fact that you have 999 other websites on the same server.

http://d.pr/i/SPbQ

I will speak to one of our developers and see what they recommend.

ppotent    5
ppotent
Hi Danny. Thanks again for all your help. No I haven't made any changes to the core files. Are you saying the debug info shouldn't be pointing to the php file?

It's just odd that it's been working fine for 2 months and then all of a sudden this has happened.

Email sent. Cheers.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

I have had another look and found that you added the following code to DMS function.php file.

add_filter('post_thumbnail_html','add_class_to_thumbnail');

function add_class_to_thumbnail($thumb) {

if( is_single() ) $thumb = str_replace('attachment-', 'pl-imageframe attachment-', $thumb);
    return $thumb;

}

We do not provide support to users who have made changes to the core files, doing so voids all support. Therefore, have you made any other changes to the core files ?

ppotent    5
ppotent
This is the code that you gave me on another thread where I was asking if it was possible to add an image class to thumbnails. This is the only code I've added and as it came from you I'm assuming it's not going to break anything.

Danny    1,327
Danny

yes, but all custom code such as hooks should only go into the functions.php file of either your child theme or customize plugin. You should never edit core files, as it will most likely break DMS and will also void all support.

However, I removed it to see if this was the cause of your issue and it wasn't so I have added it back. Please install a child theme or Customize plugin and add the code there, then remove it from the DMS functions.php file.

See here for instructions on using the customize plugin, when the code has been removed let us know and we can continue looking for the cause of your issue.

http://docs.pagelines.com/customize/pagelines-customize-plugin

Jake    74
Jake

Hi ppotent - We've got all hands on deck to try to track down the root of this issue as non of us are able to replicate it on our end, it's tough to say what's going on. Danny asked me to give it some fresh eyes and one thing I spotted in your debug information is that your host is running PHP v 5.2. Ideally we'd like to see 5.3 and perhaps there is a conflict arising because of this. Could you reach out to your host to ask if they can upgrade so we can cross that possibility off our list?

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

ppotent    5
ppotent

Okay, so I activated the page lines academy child theme and it has crashed my whole site. Now I cant' access anything other than the dashboard. Fvvckkkk!!!

I now get this error: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare add_class_to_thumbnail() (previously declared in /home/performa/public_html/wp-content/themes/dms/functions.php:25) in /home/performa/public_html/wp-content/themes/dms/functions.php on line 30 > which I'm guessing is the same code Danny was referring to...

Jake"] @[member="Danny"] @[member="Martin Davies: Thanks so much for you help so far. I'm really hoping there is a way of fixing this without me losing the last 2 months work...

ppotent    5
ppotent

@Jake @Danny @Martin Davies

Okay, so I ftp-ed in and edited the function.php file and removed the image class code. The website is running again (whew!). I put the image class code into the functions.php file of the pagelines academy child theme and it's working and didn't crash anything. So everything is back to normal - except my widgets have stopped working.

The fixed navbar is still stuck on the static pages though. I'm pretty ignorant about all the back-end coding stuff, but is it possible for me to ftp in and over-write code anywhere to fix the problem?? Or can I get a default file that I can upload in??

Rob    547
Rob

Hi ppotent,

I believe the problem you're experiencing with the menu comes from a change WP made in 3.6.

Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus.  You'll see the name of your saved menu and below it, you'll see the actual menu you created.  First, scroll down to make sure you have Automatically add new top-level pages to this menu unchecked.and that your primary menu is selected as the theme location.

Second, go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus and look at Menu Locations and make sure the primary menu is selected and saved.

Now, your menu should appear normally in the site, and consistently.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

ppotent    5
ppotent

Hi @One Smart Egg,

Thanks. My primary navigation wasn't set in the locations and I've done this now, but unfortunately, no change in the fixednavbar being stuck on static pages.

batman    389
batman

Thank you very much James B 

;)

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

ppotent    5
ppotent

Thanks James B. I  thought it had dropped off the radar.

j powers+    8
j powers

Any progress on this fix, Im experiencing issues as well, if I add a pic and then remove it does not disconnect the link, I have to remove the pic from media to get rid of it. as well the only menu item that shows up is a custom link I created, pages do not. 

Color feature does not change either. 

Ive cleared cache, Ive gone into appearance menus and validated settings as suggested by Rob above, I have no custom code.

suecockburn+    2
suecockburn

Did this issue get resolved @JamesB? I'm having a similar problem.

• Similar Content

• Grant Turck
      By Grant Turck+
      Navbar Broken on All Devices When Not Logged Into Wordpress. See screenshots attached from mobile. What is causing this issue and how do I fix? Site is venicepride [dot] org.

• PierreFF
      By PierreFF+
      Hello, 
      I have an issue with NavPro on mobile when the link of the menue is on the same page. 
      Here is my website: http://foundersofthefuture.co
      The isssue comes from the fact that in my menue most of the items send somewhere else on the same page using anchor link (eg. #container_u788888). 
      This works well on desktop but on mobile, nothing happens when clicking on the link. One of the link of the menue of the homepage "France" sends to another page of the website and this one works well even on mobile. 
      I am using the Pagelines framework theme and also used a wordpress plugin (jQuery Smooth Scroll) for smooth scrolling . 
      Thanks in advance for your help and let me know if I need to provide more information. 
      Best,
      Pierre
    • tristanrodgers
      By tristanrodgers+
      Hi there!
      I'd love to have some social media buttons in my navbar like my online-shop has!
      http://mc1r-magazine.com/
      Can someone explain me how to create them? I tried a lot but don't know how to realize them...
      Greetings from Germany,
      Tristan
    • jeomiland
      By jeomiland+
      Hi guys. Just now trying out Platform 5. I like the reletive simplcity of the new interface but there are things I'm used to in DMS that I'm not seeing yet in 5. Is there a good manual, documentation, video series about some of the basics?
      In particular, I've got a simple navigation menu, created the standard way in WP menus section with several top level parents, then 3-4 children menu items below a couple parent items. Have them moved to the right to create the standard parent-child relationship but all I see on the page is the parent level items - no dropdown!. So I changed themes from Platform5 to the standard 2015 default theme and now I see absolutely no menu at top, except for the mobile (hamburger?) icon.
      In DMS, one had Navi and Navbar, etc sections and each would work differently and give different results. How do you work the menu system in 5? And how get different results ?
      thanks
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      I have a problem at http://kambo.world. Using navbar for the main site navigation. It works fine in normal/desktop mode [first screenshot], using the WP Menu I have specified. But in hamburger mode it seems to do its own thing, picking a few pages at random [second screenshot] A fix for this greatly appreciated!