Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hauserjo

Custom Columnizer Columns

hauserjo    1
hauserjo

Hi Folks

I have an other (hopefully simple) question, where I just don't get the clue.

Added a Columnizer into my DMS global footer and linked to my 'Pirmary Sidebar'. This sidebar contains 4 widgets, which I want to display side by side (like the default view of the Columnizer). But the widgets are always stacked above each other, instead of aside, although the 'Number of Grid Columns seems me correctly' set.

My simple question: How do I bring Columnizer to show my widgets like the default view (4 widgets, side-by-side)?

Thanks for any hint.

Kind regards

Jonas

Jake    74
Jake

Hi hauserjo - I'm sorry you're having problems but I'm unable to reproduce the problem on my end. I just went through the process of dragging the Columnizer section into my footer, selecting the Primary Sidebar, leaving the default 3 column grid and then I dragged a few widgets into that sidebar and got the 4 column layout as expected. So it does seem like you're doing everything correctly. Could you try removing that section completely and starting the process over? Also want to make sure you've updated to 1.0.4.

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

hauserjo    1
hauserjo

Hi Jake

Thanks also for this response. I quickly investigated on a second installation. There, Columnizer was working ok. So I compared the differences. In my not working installation, the first widget is the 'RSS' widget. If I remove it, Columnizer works, if I add it again (as first widget!), it breaks the layout to one single column. So it's perhaps related to the RSS widget position & output.

Anyway I appreciate your help, it pointed me toward the right direction.

Regards

Jonas

• Like 1

Jake    74
Jake

hauserjo - Thanks so much for the followup. After reading your response I too did a little re-testing and you have definitely stumbled upon something a bit wonky when putting that RSS widget in the first position. Not sure if it's fixable on our end due to it being a WP feature, but I'll let our developers know.

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

• Similar Content

• mzhafzah
      By mzhafzah
      Hello
      I am using DMS 2 theme and I want to create a 2 different links on my website; each link should take you to a different blog post category. Although the process is easy, yet I can not figure out how to give each category page a unique design of its own; Any change I make on any page is applied to the other (I'm aware of the universal elements like the header and footer and I a am not talking about these.)
      Since I am new to wordpress in general, I am not sure if my description is sufficient; apologies if it is not.
      TycoonJé
    • vogelwild
      By vogelwild
      Hi there,
      I'd like to display the date [powerloop_date] in another (german) format, but changes via "Settings > General > Date Format" don't effect anything in the postloop-section. Date is still being displayed as "Juni 17, 2015" (language is ok but not the format I've defined in the WP settings).  How can I change this?
      Thank you!

• napait
      By napait+
      Hello All,

My question is.. How do I add more social icons using the Navi section in Mobile Menu mode?

The only two that show up are the Facebook and Twitter, from the information you fill out in the Site Setting > Social & Local.

Please review site for example: www.napait.com

I would like to be able to add custom icons such as other social and phone, map, contact icons after these social icons in the mobile menu. Basically want to move the phone icon into the social icons bar. Having looked for the right hook using Hooker plugin I still have been unsuccessful.

Thank you in advance.

Kevin
    • thesongchanneler
      By thesongchanneler
      Hello,

For some reason, when I widgetize an image by, uploading the media, linking it to a page, and dropping the html into a widget area in the "widget" tab, the thing works, but the image shows up SMALLER on the screen than when I just upload it as a pic in a "media box" component via pagelibnes. I can make the widget image bigger in the media file, but then it is blurry, whereas, automatically it is bigger and crystal clear when uploaded as just a media. My screenshot file was too big too attach, but please see webpage: devorakalma.com. The top pic (of the girls with the pink text) is just a media file; below it is the file in a widgetized area...   it is at 12/12 capacity and cannot be made bigger in editor. And as said, it just becomes blurry when made bigger in media. IS THERE A WAY TO DIRECTLY MAKE THE MEDIA BOX IMAGE CLICKABLE? Instead of going through dropping it in a widgetized area? I just want it to be large and clear, the way the top image looks. And to be able to click on it. Thank You!

• tristanrodgers
      By tristanrodgers
      Website URL: http://mc1r-magazine.com/
      Framework Version:  2.1.9.2
      WordPress Version: 4.1
      Plugins in Use: The Pagelines Plugins

Hey guys,

I have a problem since I tried to add a custom font in my theme.
      I created a font-face-kit via "font-squirrel" and I tried to include the font on this way the docs tell me to do it:

http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/adding-custom-fonts
      http://docs.pagelines.com/customize/base-child-theme

But it didn't work and it messed up the page in Firefox. Of course the Cache is empty, code deleted, plugins deactivated, but it still shows a messed up page in Firefox! I've included 2 screenshots to show you the problem (and another problem with the background-color of the font, maybe you see there is blue but I've chosen an orange)

Greetings,
      Tristan