Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toby

Make Mobile (Responsive) Zoom

Toby    2
Toby

Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to add zoom functionality to the mobile responsive layout, when viewing on mobiles.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

PageLines DMS has been designed so that your site is responsive and therefore, removes the need to pinch/zoom ?

If you want to add pinch/zoom for whatever reason, you will need to add the following:

<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes">

Please search our forums, before posting!

Toby    2
Toby

Client wants the ability, I have tried to explain that it is not needed.

Would i place this in the header?

Danny    1,327
Danny

yeah, you will probably want to use a hook, don't edit the header file directly, as this is editing core code and will void support, as well as be removed via updates.

You could probably try this plugin to add the code, but I haven't tested the plugin - http://wordpress.org/plugins/add-meta-tags/

Danny    1,327
Danny

That image isn't showing anything and also what do you mean plugin page is showing ?

Toby    2
Toby
I'm sorry I meant Doesn't seem to have worked.
The image shows the settings page for the plugin you linked after I added the meta info.

bscherr+    7
bscherr

Hi, I am searching the forum for a solution for a customer who really  needs his site to zoom (he has a lot of low vision readers of his blog).  I have no idea how to use a hook to put the code in that you mention above: <meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes"> I have read the link at the codex, and still have NO idea how to use a hook.  Is there somewhere I can get a step by step tutorial on how, and where, to use a hook to do enable the pinch zooming on a tablet?  

Let me know if I should start another topic? 

Danny    1,327
Danny

Your hook will want to look like this:

https://gist.github.com/Dannyholt/f11bb4613e204c7d5b44

bscherr+    7
bscherr

Hi, I'm just coming back around to this as yet unsolved issue.  I have no idea where to put that piece of code.  The site I set up for my friend has very little customization, so I didn't use a child theme.  It's pretty much straight up DMS options, just a blog.  He is still really bothered by the lack  of pinch/zoom for his blind/low vision readers and I can't figure out where to put that code.  Can you tell me, as if I were an eight year old, where to put that piece of code that will let the blind people pinch zoom so they will leave me alone? That, or I swear I'm just going to put him on Twenty-Fourteen and wash my hands of it.   I've been at it for hours, and crashed the site once already.  Thanks! 

Danny    1,327
Danny

The snippet code posted above, is what is called a hook and therefore, needs to be added to the functions.php file. However, please be aware that we do not recommend nor support users who have made changes to the core files. Therefore, the best method for adding this code is to use a child theme and add that snippet of code to the child themes functions.php file.

You can find instructions on how to install a child theme on our answers portal - http://answers.pagelines.com/how-to-install-a-child-theme

• Similar Content

• lionel1
      By lionel1
      Hi,
      I use on my home page " impulse module " but when i look on my iPhone the image is cut and not responsive .
      i only have this problem with this module not with the other one .
      thanks for ur help
      website / www.elonakane.com 
      Lionel 

• kwaoru
      By kwaoru
      Hi,

I have been using DMS and pagelines.
      I am facing to a huge trouble with the appearance of one of my page on mobile (smart phones) built with pagelines.
      However I haven’t come to any solutions to organise either edit the appearance of mobile view to look neat or deactivate the responsive function. 
      Now it looks totally messy on the phone...

1. Is there any way to edit the appearance of the mobile version (responsive theme)?
      2. Is there any way to deactivate responsive function?

If I could receive support from you to go thorough this process I would be happy to be a pro member. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    • Paul
      By Paul+
      I have woocommerce store, product shows title and price fine until reduce screen with on a tablet/mobile phone the price and title gets removed?  Any ideas? 
      Here's an example page: https://thelaptopfixers.com/product/operating-system-re-install/
      Try it on both desktop PC browser then resize to mobile/cell phone size!  
      Thanks
    • kwaoru
      By kwaoru
      Hi,
      I desperately need to deactivate the responsive function on mobile for reasons. It looks so messy with the responsive look on mobile and not navigating or informative at all as it is. 
      I searched for solutions online and tries some of those that I found but nothing worked out. Also I found a previous post on this forum says that this theme pagelines DMS is not meant to be build to deactivate the responsive function... 
      Also tried with widget such as WPtouch to edit the mobile look a little more informative but as I am using "single page" theme on pagelines, the frontpage(main page) never appears on those app.
      Seems like not compatible?
      If there is no way to deactivate responsive function or I'll have to recreate another page just dedicated for a mobile page? or change the theme completely and build a page from scratch?
      I have been searching for this for two days already...
      Could anyone wise and kind out there, please help me?

Thanks,