Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmad

Best Practices - HTML or CSS

jmad

When needing to change the (size,font, color) of header text of a masthead, is it better to use CSS or just quickly reference the other header level if your bumping the font up a header level or two.  I realize using the <h#> tag/route but have some impact on SEO that CSS wouldn't.

Danny

Hi,

You should always use CSS over using HTML to change the font size, color etc...

Please search our forums, before posting!

jmad

So if I want to make the title of a Text Box H2 and the body H4 instead of the base paragraph then CSS is the way to go?  It seems quicker to add the <h2> and <h4>tags to the text box.  

Rob

You can use the H tags, since they don't really have inline styling, but use our pre-built CSS.  In essence, but you and Danny are correct.

Keep in mind, H tags all come with some pretty hefty margins and padding, so don't be surprised to see large spaces between the tagged areas. This too can be overcome with CSS.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jmad

Alright.  Thanks.

Rob

You're very welcome.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jmad

So can I get an example of how to change the text box header size and text size?  I assigned the H tags to them and then tried reducing the spacing between header and text with CSS but I must not be doing something correctly.  What would be the easiest route....

Danny
HI, The simplest method to change the TextBox size is to use the options provided, use you can change the font size etc... If you want to add a title, I don't use the Title (optional) field, I add the Header TextBox Title to the TextBox Content.

Please search our forums, before posting!