Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Leonardo da Vinci

I have issue with my DMS

Leonardo da Vinci

Hi guys 

please may you help me ,

I have issue with my DMS , when I would like to change any option related with images , the change dose not work , for example when i would like to remove the website background , the background still appear till i change it with another background , when using any section I face this issue till delete the section and add another new section and when i would like to change I face the same issue.

Thanks 

Danny

Hi,

Can you provide a link to your website and also what do you mean remove the websites background ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

Leonardo da Vinci

Thanks for fast respond NINJA

This is my site http://basrawebdesign.com

I mean when I would like toremove the backround of my site from Glopal options , the background dose not removed and still appear

also all section and all things have the same issue , every things have related with images options have the same problem also the section theme , when i would like change the theme of the section , the new theme dose not work and still the old them appear .

THANKS 

Rob

Hi Mustafa,

I suspect that one of two things is happening.

1.  You may be clicking refresh before clicking Publish.  If you do that, the screen will refresh, and all your changes vanish.

2.  The more likely scenario is that you have a cache plugin activated and did not clear the cache after publishing changes. If so, go to the plugin's cache and clear the cache using the plugin's settings.  Refresh your browser.

Let us know if either works.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Leonardo da Vinci

Thanks 

I did all things you said but the same issue , till I deactivate  DMS Pro tools plugin , I think there is an issue in this plugin

Till now all things cool , all things return work perfectly ,  THANKS 

Danny
Are you saying that when the DMS Pro Tools plugin is disabled, you can remove your background images ?

Also, where are you background images, I have viewed your site and don't see any images.

Leonardo da Vinci

Ya , When I deactivate DMS Pro Tools plugin , all things return work , I can remove the background of my site  , change sections theme , the issue  solved 

also when I show my site on smart phones and tablets the motions do not work till  deactivate DMS Pro Tools plugin , 

About my site background , I can remove it now but when the plugin active I can not remove it ( remove from DMS panel but still appear in my site when I refresh the DMS and Browser )

I thinks there is a problem with DMS Pro Tools plugin 

Thanks 

Danny

Hi,

The plugin received an update the other day, has this resolved your issue. As I am unable to recreate your problem and you're the only user who has reported this kind of issue. Therefore, there isn't an issue the Pro Tools plugin.

Leonardo da Vinci

I return I can not remove the background

I am not sure but I can send you username and password to find the issue , just send please you mail address.

Thanks

Leonardo da Vinci

The issue is 

when i like to Change background of any section

1. click on edit sign on section
  2. upload the image 
  3. click on publish
  4. then click on refresh
  5. the section has the background

when I would like to remove the background :

1. click on edit sign on section
  2. click on (X)  
  3. click on publish 
  4. then click on refresh 
  5. the section has the same background , the old background still appear in the back of section 

Danny

OK, I can't recreate your issue. Therefore, can you email me your admin username and password so I can take a closer look please.

danny at pagelines dot com

Danny

Ok, I must say I'm scratching my head on this one. The images you have uploaded aren't even visible, which is weird to say the least. I enabled PL debug mode and did notice that you have the following:

PHP User : Posix functions are disabled on this host!

Therefore, this could be the cause of the issue. I recommend contacting your website host provider and asking them to address this. Once they have, try removing your images and adding them again and see if this resolves your issue.

Have you made any changes to the core code at all ?

Leonardo da Vinci

I host my site with Flywheel 

Leonardo da Vinci

I contact my web hosing ( Flywheel) and sent me this message :

Hey Mustafa

We do disable Posix functions for security reasons. Many Pagelines customers use Flywheel and add the following code to their functions.php file to get some of that to work:

add_filter( 'posix_bypass', '__return_true' );
add_filter( 'render_css_posix_', '__return_true' ); 

Let us know if those help. Thanks!

Danny

Has that resolved your issue?

Are you able to remove the image ?

Danny
No, you should never edit core files. Please remove those line of code and add them to either a Child theme or Customize plugins functions.php file.

Leonardo da Vinci

Thanks

But where can I find Child theme or Customize plugins functions.php file.

Update : when I remove the background of section on my blog page , the background removed but did not with other page like main page 

all things work perfectly on blog page but do not with other pages !! 

Danny

I have just tried again on, by creating a load of pages and I have no issue whatsoever in adding or removing images from any section or header area.

Therefore, it has to be server related, especially if you have removed all custom code, scripts, hooks etc.. and disabled all active plugins.

You can download the Customize plugin here - http://www.pagelines.com/api/store_free/plugin-pagelines-customize.zip

Leonardo da Vinci
when I open my site this message appear , is it related with my issue and how can I fix it , please may you help me  PageLines Sections LESS/CSS error.

expected color value: failed at `#gradient > .vertical (@crack-user-bg,darken(@crack-user-bg,6));` line: 4544

Rob

That looks like a CSS error.  Is there any more to the error message?  Usually it says where the error is located.

Leonardo da Vinci

Update:

I think the issue cause the last update of pagelines when you put ( Media Library ) bottom.

when I tried to upload image from my computer and but it in local option , the image appear and when I like to remove it  , will disappear  , that's cool .

But 

when I upload image from my site , the image path of image will past in both ( in local and global ) and when try to remove it , will not  till go to media library and delete the image ! 

I the past before updating , we all time upload the images from our computers so we did not face this issue , till the last update when the media library bottom appear , It is like keep saving the last image we put , till upload another image from our computers.

You can test it by using pagelines with out the last update 

Rob

Hi Mustafa,

When you say we can test it using PageLines without the last update, do you mean v 1.0.3 or the previous version of the Pro plugin?

Leonardo da Vinci

I mean PageLines without the last update